It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2011, 04:18 PM   #1
(female)

pme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB User
2nd ALJ Hearing

I just received my notice of hearing in December. This will be my 2nd (Supplemental) hearing, the first was in February. The first hearing I had a Vocational Expert there. This time the judge has also requested a Medical Expert to testify. I was wondering if anyone had experience with a Medical Expert at their hearing, and how it went?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #2
(male)

flaco HB Userflaco HB Userflaco HB Userflaco HB Userflaco HB Userflaco HB User
Re: 2nd ALJ Hearing

..what was your first hearing like..,what did did vocational expert say??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2011, 07:16 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Good luck with this 2nd hearing PME. Refresh my memory. What happened @ the 1st hearing you had in Feb. I can't recall. Is your disability physical or mental?

Old 10-26-2011, 07:29 PM   #4
(female)

pme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies14 View Post
Good luck with this 2nd hearing PME. Refresh my memory. What happened @ the 1st hearing you had in Feb. I can't recall. Is your disability physical or mental?
My impairments are mental (major depression and borderline personality disorder). At the 1st hearing, there was a vocational expert that said I could still do a few jobs. But after my attorney questioned her, she said I am unemployable. The hearing was about 30 minutes long and the attorney said it went well, but 3 months later the judge scheduled me for a psychological consultative exam. I've been waiting since then for a decision, then recently found out I have a 2nd (supplemental hearing is the technical term) hearing. This time there will be a medical expert there.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:59 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Ok, thanks. Will you have both a VE and ME at the supplemental hearing in Feb. or just the ME? I suppose these supplemental ALJ hearings are rare. You are the 1st person I have heard of having one. How did the psychological CE go in your opinion? Was it with a psychologist or psychiatrist? Doctors don't like to step on each other's toes. If you feel the mental health CE went well, then the ME @ the hearing will most likely concur with his findings. I know you will return and update. I am curious about the outcome. I have a gut feeling that you will be approved in Dec. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

Me too PME I wish the best of luck and its an approval.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:57 PM   #7
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pme View Post
My impairments are mental (major depression and borderline personality disorder). At the 1st hearing, there was a vocational expert that said I could still do a few jobs. But after my attorney questioned her, she said I am unemployable. The hearing was about 30 minutes long and the attorney said it went well, but 3 months later the judge scheduled me for a psychological consultative exam. I've been waiting since then for a decision, then recently found out I have a 2nd (supplemental hearing is the technical term) hearing. This time there will be a medical expert there.
pme,
The 2 impairments you have is what I have too , along with a few others. i just wanted you to know that it is possible to win with these two conditions. Both those disorders can lead to other probelms which compounds the issues. that is actually what happened top me . My claim did not get as far as your has , but wanted to offer support to you. I don't think people are aware how bad things can get with these two conditions , the symtoms can get way out of control just by trying to cope . Example :BPD=seeing in black and white, not geting along well with others, self harm , and so on. Major Depression= suicidal thoughts, losing friends, loss of interest in everything, and so on. Hang in there ok? I know it is difficult but you have a good chance winning.

The following user gives a hug of support to mscat40:
jgrangran (10-27-2011)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscat40 For This Useful Post:
jgrangran (10-27-2011), pme (10-27-2011)
Old 10-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

Ditto on what Mscat said. My disability impairments are also psychological..mostly panic and severe GAD and mild to moderate depression.

Closed Thread