It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
(female)

Alexandersmama HB UserAlexandersmama HB User
Do They EVER Call You Back?

My local ss office is terrible. I cannot get a straight answer, the people there are incredibly rude and rush you off the phone, transfer you to a case worker who does NOT return calls ever. I am infuriated. I was told this morning a different story yet again. They show my son's acct information in there and have released the funds, which I was told yesterday was a check sent to me which I should get within 7 days. Now I'm being told November is NOT a back pay month, that another check for $674 will be coming too. This was after I was told there was only the back pay coming this month and the $674 doesn't start till next month. When I pressed the lady on the phone she got huffy and transferred me again to this case worker who NEVER returns my calls. I have left him messages every day, gone down there to speak with him and he doesn't see me. Instead he delivers a message to the desk clerk and says that's my answer. What they tell me keeps changing. I asked the lady if the $674 would be a check, since my mastercard from ssi isn't set up yet and will come in 3 weeks. She told me she didn't know if it was direct deposit or paper check. She refused to look further or help me. What can I do? I just want to know when and where to expect this money from, how much to expect, and get a CLEAR answer for once!

Old 11-02-2011, 01:42 PM   #2
(male)

Slaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB User
Re: Do They EVER Call You Back?

I have never really dealt with my local office i have only dealt with the Main offices. Usually they give me the run around also. I never get a straight answer no matter how many people i talk to. As for your local case i would try to talk to your workers supervisor. Then if they do not help you keep moving up. It is your right to get the information on what is going on. I would also recommend going to the local office again, if you can, and talk to a supervisor in person and dont leave until you get a straight answer. If my case was in the same situation i would be all over them trying to get answers just like you are.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #3
(female)

stepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB User
Re: Do They EVER Call You Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandersmama View Post
My local ss office is terrible. I cannot get a straight answer, the people there are incredibly rude and rush you off the phone, transfer you to a case worker who does NOT return calls ever. I am infuriated. I was told this morning a different story yet again. They show my son's acct information in there and have released the funds, which I was told yesterday was a check sent to me which I should get within 7 days. Now I'm being told November is NOT a back pay month, that another check for $674 will be coming too. This was after I was told there was only the back pay coming this month and the $674 doesn't start till next month. When I pressed the lady on the phone she got huffy and transferred me again to this case worker who NEVER returns my calls. I have left him messages every day, gone down there to speak with him and he doesn't see me. Instead he delivers a message to the desk clerk and says that's my answer. What they tell me keeps changing. I asked the lady if the $674 would be a check, since my mastercard from ssi isn't set up yet and will come in 3 weeks. She told me she didn't know if it was direct deposit or paper check. She refused to look further or help me. What can I do? I just want to know when and where to expect this money from, how much to expect, and get a CLEAR answer for once!
Hi I do not know if this is any help, but I will throw it out there I know you are on SSI are you also collecting from SSD. I know SSI is contolled by the state you are living in. The reason I ask is with SSD there is a 1-800 number you call to the payment center, thats where all the answers are for payments. Maybe SSI has a payment center as well? Just a thought, the people in the SSI office process information, I am not sure if they process the payments. Good luck, I know the frustration.

Last edited by stepmum54; 11-02-2011 at 07:59 PM. Reason: spell

The Following User Says Thank You to stepmum54 For This Useful Post:
pme (11-03-2011)
Closed Thread