It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2011, 12:30 AM   #1
(male)

flaco HB Userflaco HB Userflaco HB Userflaco HB Userflaco HB Userflaco HB User
Exclamation ..wondering... hearing...??

...i had my alj hearing about 3weeks ago..judge had v.e. There,judge didn't ask her to testify..hearing lasted 15-20 minutes ...my lawyer called me an said case was closed..what does that mean..?..my lawyer said since the v.e. Wasn't asked to testify..that that is real good....????...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2011, 12:45 AM   #2
(male)

Slaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB User
Re: ..wondering...hearing...??

I do not know anything about that but from what i have read on here and other places they say when no one testifies against you that is usually a good sign and the fact that it was fairly short is a good sign too. If your lawyer called you after three weeks and said the case was closed and was not saying it is bad then IMO i think it is a good thing

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2011, 08:05 AM   #3
(female)

lifewithfibro HB Userlifewithfibro HB User

I had my hearing 24 days ago (I know it's sad, but yes I'm counting..heeheehee) and I have yet to hear anything. I didn't even have a VE at my hearing, and like you it took 15 minutes in total. It's kind of sad that we wait forever for our hearings, stress over them unbelievably, and then it's over in 15 minutes!
I hope you hear some good news very soon!

Old 11-04-2011, 08:19 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

I will keep my fingers crossed for you lifewithfibro. Hopefully, the quick hearing with no VE present to question your disability claim is a good sign. I was dreading having to appear in person before an ALJ because I am not a very social creature. I am very shy and introverted. I hate this about my personality but it is just who I am. Luckily, I was approved OTR. Please come back and update when you hear something.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:02 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

Hey Blueskies14, OTR we like you just the way your are

Old 11-05-2011, 03:33 AM   #6
(male)

bigblueh20 HB Userbigblueh20 HB User
Re: ..wondering... hearing...??

Interesting,i had my hearing 2.5 weeks ago (whose counting, right?). Very similar situation as mentioned above. Me, my lawyer, stenographer and the judge. Very few questions asked. Hardly anything related to my illness or my limitations. Judge said he would begin working on my case that afternoon. Lawyer mentioned that the best case scenario would be that we would hear back in 2 weeks. If we did not hear back after 30 dayshe would contact SS on my behalf.

My lawyer felt that I had nothing to worry about. Based on the lack of questions...judges questions related to income...who knows its a crapshoot. He did mention that we had perfect grounds for appeal based on the fact that the judge did not ask me many questions. Who knows. Try and keep busy and not think too much about the mailbox.

I am forever grateful to the man up above for guiding me towards clicking off the Ltd box from my employer 20+ years ago...without that I would be struggling to say the least. I pray for all of the people who go through this process with no financial backing. Your day will come. Until the, stay strong.

The following user gives a hug of support to bigblueh20:
ferd144 (11-05-2011)
Closed Thread