It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2011, 09:14 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

NElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB User
Soooo frustrated!!!!

Well, I thought things were moving along with my case. I was told by my attorneys office on Sept 28th that they were sending my case for an OTR decision since I clearly met a listing, and everything looked like an approval. So here I wait, every day thinking that I'm that much closer to finding out something. Finally, I called the attorneys office to see if they've heard anything, and to find out about how long OTR decisions take in this state. Can you believe they haven't even submitted it yet??? They said they had the request written up and then my attorney decided he wanted a letter from my doctor to help the case, and they haven't heard from my doctor. I am so mad right now. I just saw my doctor 2 weeks ago and could have done something had I known. I called the drs office and they were of no help because they had just got off the phone with my attys office and said they left a voicemail with someone who can help them. Here I thought I would have a decision any day now, and now I find out it's not even submitted. I just want to cry. I thought there was an end in site to my financial nightmare. I'm just soooo frustrated right now!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2011, 09:38 AM   #2
(female)

pme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB User
Re: Soooo frustrated!!!!

I don't blame you one bit for being upset. Attorney's often don't communicate with their clients very well. I'm dealing with a similar situation with mine right now. I hope they get things moving for you and you get your approval soon. Stay strong!

The following user gives a hug of support to pme:
NElady (11-09-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to pme For This Useful Post:
NElady (11-09-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2011, 01:12 PM   #3
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

I am very sorry that happened. I don't know why it has not been submitted yet. Is their anybody you can talk to about this? Ask why it is taking so long. and when you can expect it to go through? It seems like everything moves at a snails pace , just to get through the process and hear something.

The Following User Says Thank You to mscat40 For This Useful Post:
NElady (11-09-2011)
Old 11-09-2011, 05:33 PM   #4
(male)

Slaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB User

I am really sorry 402Lady. I do not understand why they would do such a thing either. I hope something comes through for you soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to Slaughter1984 For This Useful Post:
NElady (11-09-2011)
Old 11-09-2011, 08:39 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

NElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB User

Thanks guys!! The attorneys assistant said that my atty thought the doctors statement would help my case and OTR. I'm just upset because they didn't bother to tell me, and I thought it was already being reviewed, not held up. And suppose I hadn't called them, when would they have called the doctors office to follow up?? It's already been over a month, and they just now followed up with my doctor. And my doctor is only in the office two days a week, and they seemed annoyed that I was calling today after my atty office called. I just thought that I would have been able to celebrate Christmas with my family this year, and now it's looking like I won't be able to since I likely won't have any money to be able to travel to see them. I'm just upset that the atty office doesn't keep me informed. I'm really disappointed in them. Thanks for listening!! You guys are the best!

Old 11-10-2011, 05:47 PM   #6
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

I am sorry about your Christmas plans I hope things start moving along for you. The hardest part is always the waiting period. It seems like their are always bumps in the road too.

The Following User Says Thank You to mscat40 For This Useful Post:
NElady (11-10-2011)
Old 11-11-2011, 10:07 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Well, today I get a call from my attorneys office saying I have a hearing date - 1/3/2012. I'm glad to get that news, but was sooo hoping for an OTR decision, and now I'm worried that the atty is going to just drop the ball on the whole OTR thing now since I have a hearing date. I am just toooo nervous for a hearing and want so badly to have this OTR approved. Do you think the atty office will now just make me wait for the hearing, or if they would still try for the OTR? I would think if they could get out of going to court it would save them time, and they would prefer that???

Old 11-11-2011, 10:18 PM   #8
(male)

Slaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB User

You have the right to get an OTR letter written. You need to just stay on them to get it done. I have been in contact with my lawyers office at least once a week trying to get some news. I have even called my judges office to get my case in there mind as well. As the saying goes the noisy wheel gets the grease. Just stay on your lawyer they will do it just to get you to leave them alone.

The following user gives a hug of support to Slaughter1984:
NElady (11-11-2011)
Old 11-11-2011, 10:49 PM   #9
(female)

stepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402lady View Post
Well, today I get a call from my attorneys office saying I have a hearing date - 1/3/2012. I'm glad to get that news, but was sooo hoping for an OTR decision, and now I'm worried that the atty is going to just drop the ball on the whole OTR thing now since I have a hearing date. I am just toooo nervous for a hearing and want so badly to have this OTR approved. Do you think the atty office will now just make me wait for the hearing, or if they would still try for the OTR? I would think if they could get out of going to court it would save them time, and they would prefer that???
402lady- First I am sorry about your Christmas Plans, Social Security can really be a big Party Pooper
My friend had a simular situation. She was up for a OTR decision, then got a notice of a hearing. She went to the hearing and the judge made a "Bench" decision in her Favor. Not sure why they set up the hearing if it looks like the will find favorable OTR. You will win, Sorry its slow.

The Following User Says Thank You to stepmum54 For This Useful Post:
NElady (11-12-2011)
Old 11-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #10
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepmum54 View Post
402lady- First I am sorry about your Christmas Plans, Social Security can really be a big Party Pooper
My friend had a simular situation. She was up for a OTR decision, then got a notice of a hearing. She went to the hearing and the judge made a "Bench" decision in her Favor. Not sure why they set up the hearing if it looks like the will find favorable OTR. You will win, Sorry its slow.
I have been told if they do a bench decision it has to do with the fact they wanted to see the person. IDK what the exact reason but that is what i have seen people saying lately.

Old 11-13-2011, 12:13 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Thanks guys for your support! I will continue to be the "noisy wheel", and will keep on the doctors office, and the lawyers office to push them to get the stuff submitted for an OTR. I just feel that after all this wait, if I can get it approved before the hearing date, that would be so much better, because who knows how long it will take them to make a decision after the hearing. So I am going to really push for them to get the OTR submitted since they had me thinking all along that it HAD been submitted. Plus, I have social phobia, and a bit of agoraphobia, and the idea of going to court just TERRIFIES me. That is part of the reason I have been pushing for this. That, and I am just so terrified of losing, that I feel I want the extra review period of an OTR. Thanks again all!! Slaughter, I know you are going through a really rough time now also, and I am praying for you. I am hoping you will get a decision this week!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to NElady For This Useful Post:
Slaughter1984 (11-13-2011)
Old 11-13-2011, 12:25 AM   #12
(male)

Thank you. I know things are hard for you. I am praying for you also. I really hope your doctor and your lawyer step up and do the right thing so you can get something moving for you. I know its hard to keep bugging them. I know it was for me i always hate to feel like i am frustrating people. Then i remembered i picked these people to work for me. You are going to be paying the lawyer. You pay the doctor. Make them do their job. Again i hope things work out for you. Keep your hopes up i know i am trying to.

The following user gives a hug of support to Slaughter1984:
NElady (11-13-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to Slaughter1984 For This Useful Post:
NElady (11-13-2011)
Closed Thread