It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
(female)

pme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB User
Prescription records

I have a hearing coming up in 3 weeks, and was wondering if anyone has ever taken their prescription records with them to add to your records. The judge hasn't asked for them, but I've heard of them holding the record open wanting them after the hearing.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
(male)

coupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB User
Re: Prescription records

I would think those would already be in your doctor's reports? but you could take them just in case are asked for? culdn't hurt to be prepaired!

good luck and god bless hope you're approved at hearing

Larry/coupe

The Following User Says Thank You to coupe For This Useful Post:
pme (11-11-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #3
(female)

pme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe View Post
I would think those would already be in your doctor's reports? but you could take them just in case are asked for? culdn't hurt to be prepaired!

good luck and god bless hope you're approved at hearing

Larry/coupe
Thank you for responding. You're right, they should be in my medical records, however, I thought the judge might question if they were actually filled and picked up. I think I will take the list with me just in case. Don't want anything else coming up to slow things down.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:40 AM   #4
(female)

edrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB User

pme go to your pharmacy and get a print out to take with you,my attorney requested them at the last minute.your right just because the dr gave the rx.doesnt mean ppl fill them.be on the safe side be prepared.

The Following User Says Thank You to edrivera61 For This Useful Post:
pme (11-12-2011)
Old 11-12-2011, 10:49 AM   #5
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edrivera61 View Post
pme go to your pharmacy and get a print out to take with you,my attorney requested them at the last minute.your right just because the dr gave the rx.doesnt mean ppl fill them.be on the safe side be prepared.
Thanks edrivera61, I will do that!

Old 11-12-2011, 10:57 PM   #6
(male)

Slaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB User

My prescription records will not show me picking up all my prescriptions on time due to the fact my doctor gives me samples all the time. He actually just gave me over a months worth of one of my pills because i told him i was running low.

Old 11-13-2011, 01:42 PM   #7
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter1984 View Post
My prescription records will not show me picking up all my prescriptions on time due to the fact my doctor gives me samples all the time. He actually just gave me over a months worth of one of my pills because i told him i was running low.
Yeah, your situation is different. I'm just trying to think of anything and everything the judge could possibly want, or hold my case open for. This will be my 2nd hearing in 10 months so I want this to be over! LOL

Old 11-14-2011, 01:03 PM   #8
(female)

edrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB User

pme take a deep breath i will say a prayer for you if remember you have been waiting a long time.keep your faith.i havnt been on the board for awhile.i did get approved thank god,then getting everything organized,a new grand son came,alot of issues but hopefully things are getting to get on track now good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to edrivera61 For This Useful Post:
pme (11-14-2011)
Old 11-14-2011, 02:36 PM   #9
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edrivera61 View Post
pme take a deep breath i will say a prayer for you if remember you have been waiting a long time.keep your faith.i havnt been on the board for awhile.i did get approved thank god,then getting everything organized,a new grand son came,alot of issues but hopefully things are getting to get on track now good luck
Thank you for the encouragement. Yes, you're right about the long time. Filed July 09-denied, filed for hearing Oct 09, first hearing Feb 2011, Judge sent me to consultative exam May 2011, 2nd (Supplemental hearing) is scheduled for Dec 2nd.

Glad you got approved, and congratulations on the grandson!

Old 11-14-2011, 05:03 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Coupe is right. Your drug Rx history is in your medical records. It might not be a bad idea to get a printout of your current meds to demonstrate how these impact your ability to work. I do think your medical condition must be paramount to the Rx drugs you are taking. Let me explain. Let's say you are taking drug A to control medical condition B. The drug controls the medical condition but the side effects from the drug make it almost impossible for you to function and work. They could say you are not disabled from your medical condition because it is being adequately controlled by the meds you are taking even tho the side effects from the meds make working a fulltime job impossible. Personally, I'd let my medical records speak for themselves w/o too much emphasis on the meds. What you really wanna show is that I take these meds for my condition but my condition is such that even with the meds, my condition still makes it impossible for me to work.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:07 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter1984 View Post
The doctor still will note this in your medical records even though you are not picking up your Rx's from the pharmacy.

Closed Thread