It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
(female)

marys1358 HB User
Award Letter

Hi Everyone,

My question is I'm looking for my award letter ia that the same as fully favorable?
Thanks Mary

Old 11-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User
Re: Award Letter

are you talking about your cdr? I thought you were awarded back in 2007.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2011, 04:54 AM   #3
(female)

marys1358 HB User

Yes I was but I'm looking for my award letter and can't remember what it looks like I guess the lupus is kicking in right now.The only paper I found was a NOTICE OF DECISION - FULLY FAVORABLE.would that be it?
Thanks jgrangran for replying
Mary

The following user gives a hug of support to marys1358:
jgrangran (11-11-2011)
Old 11-11-2011, 05:57 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

I think that is it are it could be the one that tells you what you will be getting and when but I really think its the one that tells you fully favorable . I think on the back of that letter it will say your condititon for review like likely to improve are improvement not likey. Hope you get closier for this soon.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #5
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marys1358 View Post
Yes I was but I'm looking for my award letter and can't remember what it looks like I guess the lupus is kicking in right now.The only paper I found was a NOTICE OF DECISION - FULLY FAVORABLE.would that be it?
Thanks jgrangran for replying
Mary
Yes that would be your award letter , it then would state your health conditions are and that is how social security approved you. Jg is correct, their should be anther letter about the amount you will recieve each month and any backpay you were entitled to. Have you had a CDR yet? I was also approved in 07 , and have not had one.

Old 11-11-2011, 01:52 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

mscat40, was yours a 5-7 year review?, I sure hope after what you went thru with your son you wont have that to wory about now.

Old 11-12-2011, 05:30 AM   #7
(female)

marys1358 HB User

Thanks everyone for replying.I think if you click my name you can see the 4 page topic about my review.But yes I did have the review and fully favored again thank goodness.I had to fill out paper work twice,the say as when you first apply but not quite as long,all your medical,meds.it took a month total.I didn't have to see their Dr. or anything,I didn't leave the house.YEAH
Thanks,Mary

The following user gives a hug of support to marys1358:
jgrangran (11-12-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to marys1358 For This Useful Post:
jgrangran (11-12-2011)
Old 11-12-2011, 07:27 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you for sharing your exprenice with us it helps when we have to go thru this process. We will all have to go thru it sometimes during our cycle with ssi or ssdi. I try clicking on your name and it didn't do anything. except bring up your psot and thread ? Have a Great Day and I'm glad its over for you.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:00 PM   #9
(male)

egkenny HB User

The letter with "NOTICE OF DECISION - FULLY FAVORABLE" is not your award letter. This is what you receive from the administrative judge giving his decision after the hearing. In the notice give above it means that you have won.

After a favorable decision the Social Security Administration is contacted to determine what your monetary award if any shall be. First SSDI works out what monthly payment you are entitled to and how much backtime is coming. Then that is passed to SSI to determine if any additional monthly payments are awarded and any additional backtime is due. Only then will the Award letters be sent out by Social Security. In my case the award letters did not go out until about 4-6 weeks after the NOTICE OF DECISION letter.

The SSDI award letter will start with:
Social Security Administration
Retirement, Survivors, and Disability Insurance
Notice of Award

The SSI award letter will start with:
Social Security Administration
Supplemental Security Income
Notice of Award

Old 11-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #10
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrangran View Post
mscat40, was yours a 5-7 year review?, I sure hope after what you went thru with your son you wont have that to wory about now.
I was told it would be in three years, I cannot find my award letter after all this time. I assume it will be in 5 years now that it has been over 4 years.

The following user gives a hug of support to mscat40:
jgrangran (11-12-2011)
Old 11-12-2011, 12:43 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks mscat40, I just hope things go smoothly for you know that things are settled.

The Following User Says Thank You to jgrangran For This Useful Post:
mscat40 (11-12-2011)
Old 11-14-2011, 07:55 AM   #12
(male)

egkenny HB User

The original letter from the ALJ with "NOTICE OF DECISION" does not in itself show proof of SSDI or SSI benefits. The "Notice of Award" letters from SSDI and SSI are the only proof that have been accepted by the agencies I have dealt with that want proof of disability.

If the original "Notice of Award " letters are lost proof statement can also be obtained from Social Security web site. Since I have a local Social Security office I find it much easier to have them print out a statement that is supposed to work as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to egkenny For This Useful Post:
jgrangran (11-14-2011)
Old 11-14-2011, 09:10 AM   #13
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

My SSDI approval letter, not my notification of award letter, stated my CDR interval.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:28 PM   #14
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrangran View Post
Thanks mscat40, I just hope things go smoothly for you know that things are settled.
thank you jgrangran .
My son had a deposit go into the bank last weekend, it was for $96 dollars and I saw that it was from SSI . i did not get any letter or anything , but called the 1-800 number ,. I found out that his SSI is only going to be about $46 a month , and the deposit was for two months . This amount of SSI combioned with his SSDI does not come close to what someone gets a month. the rep said i Had to show proof on a lease , and that was one thing I had not done. Social security can really be difficult getting all the paperwork they need, He did not get one dime in back pay either . So I have to provide them with more docuementation , and after that it is anther wait . I really want to move to a bigger city that my son commutes to school each day , but cannot until i know how much we are going to recieve each month in order to pay rent , everything is on hold again , because S.S .

Old 11-14-2011, 06:50 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

This kind of thing just make me so ill. I mean really cant someone care enought to tell you what you need to get the ball rolling for him surely he gets a lot more than that a month. My brother in law gets 700.00 and something a month and he never worked at all. He had no credit at all. Seems like you really should be getting all kinds of extra help this doesn't seem right at all. Maybe you should contact a senator are the news channel. The way this system works is so broken from the start they should of know about your son and his special needs. Surely there is something more out there and more extra help for you. Please know we all care and I will surely keep you and your son in my prayers. Your really are saving the state money for keeping your son with you. My sister in law adopted a child who later was found out to be a special needs child they adopted him when he was 6 week old and had no Ideal but he is close to 40 and they get all kinds of help taking care of him. Surely there are extra things you could get as well. but I know each state is different when it comes to something like that.But I learned also they don't broadcast all the extra help out there. you have to research and be smart about how you fill things out. I have tried three times to fill out tanf for my grandchild and each time I checked the wrong box and they keep denieing me but when Icall the stae they say I quilfy but the office here says I don't even thu the stae says I do. So these things are worded so tricky. Anyway hang in there mscat40, Its sad you have to go thru this anyway being your son has been this way since birth and they know that thats whats so horrible in this case. Sad indeed.

The following user gives a hug of support to jgrangran:
mscat40 (11-15-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to jgrangran For This Useful Post:
mscat40 (11-15-2011)
Closed Thread