It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2011, 08:03 PM   #1
(female)

krissyk73 HB User
1st SSI phone interview tommorrow! so nervous...

I have a phone interview with social security disability office tommorrow. Can anyone tell me what to expect? I am so nervous I will say something wrong. She told me to make sure I have all the Dr's and any other professionals that I see or have seen regarding my issues. Should I make sure to have anything else written down in front of me? I am very forgetful, and get flustered so easily. I want to make sure it's all written down in my notebook. Any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated. Also, will they just be asking questions? I have a very hard time following long directions...I hope they keep them simple. I am so scared! and my mom and best friend will be at work and not able to be here to help. Thank you for listening and any thing you have that may help.
Kristin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2011, 12:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User
Re: 1st SSI phone interview tommorrow! so nervous...

I'm sure you will do just fine. I would have all the address of the DR's and all your meds. and all the list of ct scan are mri are exrays and any hospitaliztion you might of had and any surguries you might of had they are probly just gather all the information have you sign medical releases and from this point on make copies of everthing you send and follow up to make sure they get what you send. I would say in contact with them. Do you have a lawyer? this day and time with all the filling your best chance is with a lawyer. Remmber lots of people get turned down the first time so keep appealing and also they may ask about your assests if your filling for ssi. I would write down what kind of questions they ask. Can you get back with everyone and let us know it helps everyone that are going thru this process I personalily didn't have a telephone inverview intil I was approved , I'm not sure why you have a phone interview but maybe thats how they do it if you file online. Good Luck and I hope you feel better after getting it done. Please let us all know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2011, 02:44 AM   #3
(male)

Slaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB User

My phone interview was when I first applied they ask simple questions for simple answers. Just have d documentation of addresses and of all the places that worked on you. Also the tests and procedures done. Financial records would be good is ssi comes into play. Good luck and keep us posted.

The Following User Says Thank You to Slaughter1984 For This Useful Post:
krissyk73 (11-14-2011)
Old 11-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #4
(female)

krissyk73 HB User

i will!! thank you! about 45 mins and they should be calling...

Old 11-14-2011, 01:32 PM   #5
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

how did the interview go?

Old 11-14-2011, 09:46 PM   #6
(female)

krissyk73 HB User

I think it went ok..she was very nice and patient when i needed her to repeat something or i didnt understand a question. she said she sends all this info to madison and they request the dr records and review them. could be 3-6 months, could be sooner before a desicion is made. i called the guy im working with at the aging and disability resource center to see whats next if anything but he was out til tomm. ill keep u all posted as i hear anything, thank you all for your care and concern and help!!

Old 11-15-2011, 05:40 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

Krissyk73, Do you have a lawyer to help you? I'm glad you feel things went well. I know my first deniel came at 4 months it was on april 1 as in april fools day LOL but remmber I'm hoping you get approved but remember lots of people get denied at the first stage please if that happens keep fighting.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:19 PM   #8
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissyk73 View Post
I think it went ok..she was very nice and patient when i needed her to repeat something or i didnt understand a question. she said she sends all this info to madison and they request the dr records and review them. could be 3-6 months, could be sooner before a desicion is made. i called the guy im working with at the aging and disability resource center to see whats next if anything but he was out til tomm. ill keep u all posted as i hear anything, thank you all for your care and concern and help!!
i am glad things went smoothly and that part of the process is over. 3-6 months is the average wait time on a intial application. It is true the first two stages most people are denied. After that it is a good idea to seek out a Lawyer who only works for social security claims, becasue at the hearing stage more people are approved.

Closed Thread