It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
(female)

Alexandersmama HB UserAlexandersmama HB User
Social Security COuldn't Screw up anymore if they tried!

I got a letter today saying my ds's monthly payments would start going to his bank account, which does NOT exist and they KNEW this. I have been over and over this many times. We are choosing direct express. I have already gotten the card and set it up. So today I get a letter in the mail saying his funds will be going into his bank account. The bank acct was closed. What do I do now? They can't seem to get anything right. I do NOT have time to go sit there in the darn office and make sure it gets corrected. They promised they did it over the phone 2 weeks ago. They lied.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: Alexandersmama
Jacki345 (11-16-2011), jgrangran (11-14-2011), mscat40 (11-14-2011)
Old 11-14-2011, 02:42 PM   #2
(male)

Slaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB User
Re: Social Security COuldn't Screw up anymore if they tried!

I am sorry to hear that. The only thing i can think of is calling them and ask them what that means. Since you do not have that account how do they expect to deposit anything. It could also be one of those things that was already on its way through the system so the letter was being created before you were able to switch. But i do not know i hope things work out for you. They do screw things up real bad. I sometimes think they do it on purpose.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

You know I always try to stay postive but. really they seem to not have to answer to anyone when they do mess up but you let us mess up and they are all over that. I'm sorry for that mess up with your son Alexandersmama, They really should be held accountable somehow when they mess up on disabled childrens cases and yes your son is an adult but really those kinds of cases should have a different group of people doing just theres and not mix them up with the rest. Because hey are special and inocent ( sorry Mispelled) and they deserve better it is right on the lines of cruelity when it comes to children that are adult disabled because they knew there circustance all along it should be addressed with congress really its cruel. Because they were on ssi so why does it have to be so hard on them.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:06 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Frustrating I know but you should be able to straighten this out pretty quickly with another phone call. Curious? Why did you choose a direct express card over the bank account?

Old 11-15-2011, 05:16 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

The direct express card does seem like a pretty convenient option and avoids the hassles of setting up a bank account. How quickly were you able to set this up Alexandersmama?

Quote:
DO I NEED TO GIVE THE SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION MY CARD INFORMATION IN ORDER TO RECEIVE MY BENEFITS?
— No. After you sign up for the card, Comerica Bank, the Direct Express® card issuing bank, will notify the Social Security Administration (SSA) that you have a Direct Express® debit card account and will give SSA the information it needs to send your benefit payments to your account.

Old 11-16-2011, 04:35 AM   #6
(female)

I set the direct express card up very easy, very quickly. I called the 800 ssi number and they were able to do it. SSI has my son as being direct deposit. He's 22 months btw. I am his rep payee so I have to handle everything for him. So after confirming hje has the direct express card they send me ANOTHER letter yesterday saying his checks will now be sent paper checks. These were dated nov 8 and 9. WTH is their problem? Can they EVER get it right? I dont like bank accounts. I had a big problem obtaining one due to issues from 5 years ago. My name is still in chexsystems and banks don't want to deal with me. I usually pay all my bills with money orders or cash or pre paid ccs. PErsonally I do not trust banks. I do have a dedicated account for my son though for his back pay, as well as a checking account, should I decide to ever switch. For now I'm just HOPING the check for dec goes on his direct express card like it's supposed to. I don't get why ssi can't get it right

Old 11-16-2011, 08:33 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandersmama View Post
I got a letter today saying my ds's monthly payments would start going to his bank account, which does NOT exist .
I totally understand your frustration Alexandersmama. The direct express is simple enough and SS should have gotten it right the 1st time. Maybe when they told you that the payments would start going to his bank account, they were referring to the direct express card. Why don' t you call them again and politely ask them if they have all the necessary info. for the direct express account? I know you are frustrated but be as polite as possible even tho you might be mad as hell. People are much more willing to help you when you are nice to them.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

Your right on that Blueskies14, I always tell my kids you get more with honey than vinager. But my goodness they really should get in troble when they mess up they need someone they have to answer to.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:15 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

Yep, right on jgrangran. I have mastered this even when I am angry and frustrated. Always be kind and polite. Sometimes, we have to be firm but try to never let anger enter the picture. Hope you are having a terrific day btw.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:44 PM   #10
(female)

I am always nice when I call I do know that saying. I just find it frustrating that they can get away with this incompetence. It isn't fair. Thankfully I didn't get a letter rom them today. I guess I will see what happens come dec 1?

The following user gives a hug of support to Alexandersmama:
jgrangran (11-16-2011)
Old 11-16-2011, 01:31 PM   #11
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

my experience in dealing with SSI part from social security it is much slower. Whenever their is something new to look at and get arranged it take at least two more additional months for them to get it right. Eventually everything will get sorted out and then things will run smoothly from now on. I had to fill out a form for my sons SSI back in October, I found out later that it takes anther couple months just for that paper to go through . This one paper affects my son's SSI income, nothing changes until it is processed .i think it is ridiculous that one paper can take that long to go through the system .BUt their is nothing I can do. I understand your frustration.

Closed Thread