It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2011, 07:55 AM   #1
(female)

Aubrey278 HB UserAubrey278 HB UserAubrey278 HB UserAubrey278 HB User
My Nov 18, 2011 hearing results.

My SSI/SSDI hearing was today for depression. It lasted just 30 minutes.He asked me a few times about my ability to socialize with others. I said it's ok if contact is to a minimum. He asked what medications that I was taking. I told him it is hard for me to concentrate. After the VE listed three jobs that she thought I could do with my limitations. My attorney established that I missed at least three days a month from past work the judge concluded I would not be capable of doing any job because of excessive absences. I'm trying to remember as much as possible but it goes so fast. My judge in the year 2011 approved 54% of cases, 28% denied and 18% dismissed. I'm so nervous. What do you think my chances are? My attorney said it is 50/50 because I present well. When will I find out the judges decision? Thanks.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Aubrey278
feefee920 (11-19-2011), jgrangran (11-19-2011)
Old 11-18-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User
Re: My Nov 18, 2011 hearing results.

Sounds like things went pretty well Aubrey. I hope the outcome is fully favorable and that you hear something soon. Thanks for sharing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2011, 12:03 PM   #3
(female)

BlindMom HB UserBlindMom HB UserBlindMom HB UserBlindMom HB UserBlindMom HB UserBlindMom HB User

I really hope you hear soon that you were approved. You have most likely been waiting a long time, and as a sufferer of PTSD/Depression (though that is not why I am disabled), I know how stressful it can be, and can make the depression worse. Isn't it funny? You are going to SS for help so that you can concentrate full time on getting better from depression, but their rules and procedures make the depression worse in a lot of cases.

Good luck, and thinking happy approval thoughts for you

The following user gives a hug of support to BlindMom:
mscat40 (11-18-2011)
Old 11-18-2011, 12:14 PM   #4
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

I hope things turn out well for you Abrey , it sounds like the hearing went smoothly. The waiting period is aways the toughest part. I hope it does not take too long for a decision. I think your chances of winning are good.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:27 AM   #5
(female)

feefee920 HB Userfeefee920 HB User

I also had my hearing yesterday, November 18th. I am freaking out about mine. It lasted about 80 minutes and he asked me tons of questions. It started off by us all agreeing to change the start date and then I had to testify. I am terrible with answering questions. I get confused and can't remember and don't know what to say...and when I do say it, it never seems to come out right. Well, today I'm freaking out about one of my answers. I remember my answer but I don't remember the question. If it was about my breakthrough pain or if it was about the pain when I'm bent over and can't walk. If the question was about my breakthrough pain, then I answered it right because I have that more often than not...but if it was about the really bad pain, then I answered it wrong...which means I lied...under oath...which means I committed perjury! I am freaking out about this! I don't know what to do or how to fix it...I emailed my attorney asking her which question I answered but in the meantime I'm going crazier by the minute!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: feefee920
BlueSkies14 (11-20-2011), jgrangran (11-19-2011)
Old 11-19-2011, 10:54 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

feefee920, I'm sure you idi fine. Your second guessing yourself I can understand tho, I do it all the time. You were put on the spot and so much at stake You also are taking meds that cloud your judgement but I think you did the best you could if anything i showed the judge your human and truthful. And they have to take into acount the stress and the meds effect on judgement seems like if he is question the onset date then they are considering approval he probly had already looked over your case before you even got in front of him. Please try to think of something else I know its hard but it could take a good 3 months to get a decision hang in there know that we all care it is what it is now but I would talk to your lawyer and ask how he thought it went your lawyer has probly worked with that judge before and knows how things might of turned out. Please keep us posted and come back to talk we are all here to support you lots of people on this board has been thru this process are is going thru it. I will keep you in my prayers.

Last edited by jgrangran; 11-19-2011 at 10:55 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to jgrangran For This Useful Post:
feefee920 (11-19-2011)
Old 11-19-2011, 11:32 AM   #7
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrangran View Post
feefee920, I'm sure you idi fine. Your second guessing yourself I can understand tho, I do it all the time. You were put on the spot and so much at stake You also are taking meds that cloud your judgement but I think you did the best you could if anything i showed the judge your human and truthful. And they have to take into acount the stress and the meds effect on judgement seems like if he is question the onset date then they are considering approval he probly had already looked over your case before you even got in front of him. Please try to think of something else I know its hard but it could take a good 3 months to get a decision hang in there know that we all care it is what it is now but I would talk to your lawyer and ask how he thought it went your lawyer has probly worked with that judge before and knows how things might of turned out. Please keep us posted and come back to talk we are all here to support you lots of people on this board has been thru this process are is going thru it. I will keep you in my prayers.
He did look over my case before we got there so he was familiar with it. He brought up the start date early in the hearing before I gave testimony. I feel terrible about my testimony...enough so that I think it could change his mind and go from wanting to approve to denying. I really think I did terrible. My attorney told me that we have a good shot but that doesn't really help...I was thinking that since he was questioning the start date right off the bat, that he may give a bench decision so when that didn't happen, I just felt that it was denied. I really feel we had a better shot until I had to speak. He has only a 50% approval rating so I was expecting him to be hard but he wasn't. He was actually fair and nice and respectful towards me. I'm just afraid he will believe I'm not credible because my answers flipped flopped all over the place. Also, this was the first time my attorney has worked with him. She was pleasantly surprised with him, too. But the thing that's making me crazy is what if I told him I can barely walk most days out of the week? That's not correct! That's what I'm freaking out about! I will just have to wait for my attorney to answer my email and go from there. She will know what I answered to and what to do if it's wrong...I hope. I know I sound completely nuts right now but that's how I'm feeling!

Old 11-19-2011, 12:12 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

Feefee920, This whole process makes people that are already fraigle more fraigile and I'm sad that you can't get a hold of your lawyer I really think after you talk with her you will feel better. I was a basket case when I was applying I really drove everyone around me crazy and my family and the paralegel and the head lawyer with the firm I went to. I even made my daughter go with me once to talk with the paralegal because I thought she didn't like me. The problem was the paralegal would reassure me things would be fine and all I needed was that. But the lawyer who was the head of the firm would reassure me he told me that that paralegal was the best one he had, and that there was medication I could take for what I was having I guess maybe I was having anxity attcks of some kind LOL but to be real this is an over wheming processs to go thru and many strong people have a hard time with it as well. Try not to be to hard on yourself Did the ve say any thing? can I ask what your age is and what your dianoses is? Just know there are so many people that care and will respond . Keep checking this board.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:10 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

feefee920>>>>Was your attorney able to speak on your behalf when the ALJ was asking you questions?

Old 11-20-2011, 09:26 PM   #10
(female)

Yes, she was able to speak whenever she wanted. After I finished my testimony, she asked me some questions and then clarified a portion of my testimony with the judge stating how what I said fits in with my diagnosis.

My attorney did reply to me via email right away on Saturday and told me to not worry that my answers were fine.

I'm still so afraid that I messed it all up. I get confused easily almost had a meltdown but was able to catch myself. I don't think anyone noticed. It was just so HARD...and I'm still confused by the whole thing. Everything is all scrambled up in my memory...parts are missing...I'm a MESS!

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: feefee920
jgrangran (11-20-2011), mscat40 (11-21-2011), Slaughter1984 (11-20-2011)
Old 11-21-2011, 05:37 AM   #11
(female)

Aubrey278 HB UserAubrey278 HB UserAubrey278 HB UserAubrey278 HB User

Thanks for the positivity. I read the longer the wait for the ALJ's decision the more likely it will be unfavorable. Any wait longer than 50 days tends to be unfavorable. Is this true? How long did you wait?

Old 11-21-2011, 06:22 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aubrey278, I read where thats not always the case sometimes certain judges are writters are all backed up. So hang in there try not to despire I know its so hard not to. Have you talked to your lawyer about it. how did you think your hearing went? We are pulling for you keep the hope.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:28 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sorry Aubrey278, I just read your other post You know it really hasn't been that long so I wouldn't worry about are at least try not to. It really sounds good I don't want to give you false hope but the judge did say you had to many abensences on your jog so thats a plus. Please come back and let us know you can pass the time by helping other thru there process but really this whole process is so depressive but try to find a way to pass the time away like do a project are watch funny moviess are something you enjoy. My prayers are with you.

Closed Thread