It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2011, 07:45 AM   #1
(male)

Steven45 HB UserSteven45 HB User
Question Missing S.S.I. Payment amount line in online Social Security account?.

Hi everyone

I have an online Social Security account which I check every day. It tells me what my Social Security and S.S.I. payments will be for each month and also has some Medicare information. Each day, month after month, the amounts have always been the same.

Sunday morning I logged in and discovered that my Social Security (not S.S.I.) had gone up slightly due to the COLA increase of 3.6% but the line telling me what I was to be paid by S.S.I. was missing completely. There was no dollar amount or even the familiar "your payment for next month is...".

Because this line disappeared on the same day as the COLA increase for my regular Social Security I just assumed that S.S.I. was doing some new calculations themeselves and would post a new amount shortly but here it is 3 days later an that line with the amount for next month is still mysteriously missing.

Is anyone else seeing this in their online Social Security account?. Has anyone gotten a letter?. Is this normal or could they have suspended my benfits?.

Thanks, Steve

Old 11-22-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User
Re: Missing S.S.I. Payment amount line in online Social Security account?.

I thought the SSDI COLA was not effective until Jan. 2012. Unlikely they have suspended your SSI I would think. I would call the 1-800 number and make an inquiry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2011, 09:23 AM   #3
(male)

Steven45 HB UserSteven45 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies14 View Post
I thought the SSDI COLA was not effective until Jan. 2012. Unlikely they have suspended your SSI I would think. I would call the 1-800 number and make an inquiry.
Thanks for the reply!. That's what I was thinking too but when I did the calculations to see why the amount for my regular Social Security (not S.S.I.) had increased, it came out to exactly 3.6% so I knew right then it was the COLA increase.

What really gets me though is why would the line containing the amount I was to to receive for S.S.I. suddenly disappear for 3 days following the COLA increase to my regular Social Security?.

- CB

Old 11-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

I would either go down to the social security office and have them look up my account and explain what this means, or call them. The COLA amount is not that big to effect ones entire SSI payment. I think that it is odd SSI payment disappeared. As far as i know the COLA is not to take in affect until Jan. 2012.

Last edited by mscat40; 11-22-2011 at 12:10 PM.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven45 View Post
Thanks for the reply!. That's what I was thinking too but when I did the calculations to see why the amount for my regular Social Security (not S.S.I.) had increased, it came out to exactly 3.6% so I knew right then it was the COLA increase.

What really gets me though is why would the line containing the amount I was to to receive for S.S.I. suddenly disappear for 3 days following the COLA increase to my regular Social Security?.

- CB
They changed my ssdi among also went up $73 or 3.6% I called and that's what they told me dose not take effect till jan not to bad now I only will have to pay $26.90 for my Medicare because of the raise the raise , because if we did not get a raise I would be paying $99.90 for my Medicare.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:18 PM   #6
(female)

BlindMom HB UserBlindMom HB UserBlindMom HB UserBlindMom HB UserBlindMom HB UserBlindMom HB UserBlindMom HB User

Regarding the COLA, when I was in the SS office today, the paperwork all printed out with the amount with the COLA added in. However, on her screen, she said it did show the amount I was told on the phone on Friday. She said the COLA figures were apparently put in over the weekend, and all paperwork will reflect the new figures for the amounts we get in January, but for December, I will be getting the lower figure. Think maybe SS tried to get ahead of the game on that issue?

She also said that the COLA was bumping quite a few off of SSI, but that it wasn't an issue for me, since my family benefit put me above the SSI amount.

I agree with others, call them and ask them to explain exactly what is going on... and hopefully it is just a case of the SSI benefits not being put in yet.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:52 PM   #7
(female)

stepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven45 View Post
Hi everyone

I have an online Social Security account which I check every day. It tells me what my Social Security and S.S.I. payments will be for each month and also has some Medicare information. Each day, month after month, the amounts have always been the same.

Sunday morning I logged in and discovered that my Social Security (not S.S.I.) had gone up slightly due to the COLA increase of 3.6% but the line telling me what I was to be paid by S.S.I. was missing completely. There was no dollar amount or even the familiar "your payment for next month is...".

Because this line disappeared on the same day as the COLA increase for my regular Social Security I just assumed that S.S.I. was doing some new calculations themeselves and would post a new amount shortly but here it is 3 days later an that line with the amount for next month is still mysteriously missing.

Is anyone else seeing this in their online Social Security account?. Has anyone gotten a letter?. Is this normal or could they have suspended my benfits?.

Thanks, Steve
Hi Steven- How do you go online on SS and find out your information.? I would love to be able to do this Thanks

Old 11-23-2011, 05:14 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepmum54 View Post
Hi Steven- How do you go online on SS and find out your information.? I would love to be able to do this Thanks
Stepmum54 go to ssa on line find we're it says check your beniffits then go to payment the new amount should show up there. To make sure it's right take your old amount and times it by 3.6%.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:44 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Vann initially brought this to everyone's attention. To start the process, she (stepmum54) will 1st need to request a temporary PRC (password request code) online. Here is a healthboards thread you may want to take a look at.

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?p=4875857#post4875857

To get started, 1st go here.
1. http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pgm/login.html
2. Click I want to get a password.
3. Click Request a password online
4. Click continue bottom right
5. Click Get A Temporary Password Request Code
6. Click continue, I agree, fill out all the personal info required and submit.

They will mail your a temporary PW within 15 days. You can then use this temporary PW to create a permanent one. After you do this, you can then login to your SSA account and check and/or change some things if they are incorrect. HTH

Old 11-23-2011, 05:53 AM   #10
Inactive
(male)

I just checked mine. My current month's benefit amount does show the 3.6% COLA but the deposit SS made into my account today does not have the COLA added to it. I assume this will become effective come Jan. 1st, 2012.

Last edited by BlueSkies14; 11-23-2011 at 06:42 AM.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:37 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies14 View Post
I just checked mine. My current month's benefit amount does show the 3.6% COLA but the deposit SS made into my account today does now have the COLA added to it. I assume this will become effective come Jan. 1st, 2012.
Yes it takes effect in jan,2012

Closed Thread