It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #16
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User
Re: We all need a helping hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOnsterpete View Post
Something that came to me last night that made me real sad, was that before my disability I always wanted time to go by slowly. Now that I just want to give back to my parents and be able to see my kids again, every waking moment is hoping time flys for an approval so I can give it to my parents and to my kids. What a change in life happens at an intance. Just venting and I do try to worry a lot less than I used to but were only human.
Yes it is so hard to have to always keep waiting for that letter in the mail or a hearing to determine if you are approved. i hate the waiting time, that feels like it plays on your emotions and it is difficult not to just want to lay in bed all day and forget about the world. Life does happens in a instant, and things can change just as quickly. Hang in there monsterpete, I hope you will be approved no matter what level you are on. The wait time can become unbearable at times , and disapointment each time their is nothing in the mail from social security that is positive. I have to wait to see what their going to do with my sons SSI again! Thought everything was settled then they pull a review on him just after he was approved. Now were stuck and have to wait , when we despartely want to move out of this little town, but can't until we know my sons SSI is going to be fine . Still nothing in the mail , after social security demanded all the paperwork and signitures in a weeks time. We got it all done , but why can they take so long after only giving us a week? It seems relentless at times and feels like your stuck , and cannot do anything about it plus it is totally out of our control. Hang in there , hope for the best , and try to keep going, that is all we can do.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: mscat40
jgrangran (03-08-2012), MOnsterpete (03-08-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

Thats right they are on their own time and it can be slow hang in there. this will pass it just takes time. Its so hard and the not knowing is horrible just know we all care I hope each of you get the results and its postive.

The Following User Says Thank You to jgrangran For This Useful Post:
MOnsterpete (03-08-2012)
Old 03-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User

I will keep you all in my prayers..

Has or does anyone here know that SSD will send you or direct deposit your check the week of you birthday.

I always thought checks/dd were on the 3rd of every month but thats not so..

Hope this helps in a small way.

Take care and try not to stress out to badly because stress is horrific on the body mentally and physically.

~Belle~

Old 03-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

I think its base on the day of your birthday my husband was born 6/9 so he gets his the second wensday of every month I was born 4/21 so I get mine the 4th wensday of every month. so for ssdi it goes by date but for ssi I think its the first.

The Following User Says Thank You to jgrangran For This Useful Post:
BelleoftheSouth (03-09-2012)
Old 03-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #20
Veteran
(female)

ferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleoftheSouth View Post
I will keep you all in my prayers..

Has or does anyone here know that SSD will send you or direct deposit your check the week of you birthday.

I always thought checks/dd were on the 3rd of every month but thats not so..

Hope this helps in a small way.

Take care and try not to stress out to badly because stress is horrific on the body mentally and physically.

~Belle~
SSDI checks are sent out based on your birthday and are "broken down" by the 4 weeks of the month.

For example,if your birthday is on March 26th{insert any year}........your check will be sent out/deposited on the 4th Wednesday of each month.If its on March 3rd{insert any year}....it will be sent out /deposited on the 1st Wednesday of each month.And so on,and so on for the other two weeks in between my two examples

Ferd144

Last edited by ferd144; 03-09-2012 at 04:58 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to ferd144 For This Useful Post:
jgrangran (03-09-2012)
Old 03-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #21
Veteran
(female)

Jacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferd144 View Post
SSDI checks are sent out based on your birthday and are "broken down" by the 4 weeks of the month.

For example,if your birthday is on March 26th{insert any year}........your check will be sent out/deposited on the 4th Wednesday of each month.If its on March 3rd{insert any year}....it will be sent out /deposited on the 1st Wednesday of each month.And so on,and so on for the other two weeks in between my two examples

Ferd144
Hiya Ferd

You're right.. everyone on SSR used to get their checks on the 3rd of the month and SSI checks used to come on the 1st. But that was way back when I took care of my grandmother and great-grandmother.

I just got my letter of award in last nites mail .. 'according to their rules' (my birthday does fall on the 3rd of the month) and I will be getting my check on the 2nd Wednesday of the month. But they didn't quote the full formula/rules on how checks are sent out.

Old 03-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #22
Senior Veteran
(female)

jacki345, did they give you a cdr date?

Old 03-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #23
Veteran
(female)

Jacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrangran View Post
jacki345, did they give you a cdr date?
Hiya jgrangran

Yes, the letter said I will be reviewed in 5-7 years.
I was glad to see that.. yet not surprised. I figured with my age (I'll be 56 this year) and -my medical issues of no chance of recovering to a functionally working state, that it would be the 5-7 years time frame. Hopefully when that day comes, it will only be their version of the 'paper-work shuffle'. I'll get the letter they are reviewing.. then I'll get another letter shortly after saying the matter is closed and I'm still disabled. I know very little about how that part works, only what I've read here.

Remember that one doctor my atty has hot for me to see, the one that cost $1000.00 and I finally broke down and went? Well, I got it - spent the money and we never used it. But I think if it comes push to shove down the line, that its already paid for... and man - this guy dotted every 'i' and crossed every 't'. He left NOTHING to the imagination on my health. Its a freaking novel. And I was provided 3 copies of it. The judge never saw this report since at the beginning of the hearing we request the judge to keep the records open, for this coming report. -- Then the judge approved me right on the spot.

So, in 5-7 years, if I need it, it will be 'new' to SSA.. MAYBE I'll be able to get that same doctor (if I need to) to put a new cover page on it with a new date.

Hugs

Old 03-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #24
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

My birthday is on the 3rd so I do get my money deposited every month on the 3rd , and my son gets his ADult Child benefit on te 3rd, then he gets his SSI on the 1rst. People on SSI always get their money on the 1rst , necer later then that. I think it would be difficult to pay bills if your paid in the middle of the month, I would dread that. To me that is confusing, and it would be very hard to budget out every month.
Jacki by the time your up for a CDR you will be in your 60's they might not even do a CDR on you. It is hard to know for sure , social security works at their own time, and sometimes does not make a bit of sense,

Old 03-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #25
Veteran
(female)

ferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB User
Unhappy Re: We all need a helping hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscat40 View Post
My birthday is on the 3rd so I do get my money deposited every month on the 3rd , and my son gets his ADult Child benefit on te 3rd, then he gets his SSI on the 1rst. People on SSI always get their money on the 1rst , necer later then that. I think it would be difficult to pay bills if your paid in the middle of the month, I would dread that. To me that is confusing, and it would be very hard to budget out every month.
Jacki by the time your up for a CDR you will be in your 60's they might not even do a CDR on you. It is hard to know for sure , social security works at their own time, and sometimes does not make a bit of sense,
Hi Mscat

I hope everyone understood that my post/examples for when checks are sent or deposited was for SSDI

I should have explained the SSI *date and day difference*,as many folks on this forum fall into that category

Sorry guys/gals

Ferd144

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: ferd144
jgrangran (03-10-2012), mscat40 (03-10-2012)
Old 03-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #26
(female)

Quote:
Hi Mscat

I hope everyone understood that my post/examples for when checks are sent or deposited was for SSDI

I should have explained the SSI *date and day difference*,as many folks on this forum fall into that category

Sorry guys/gals

Ferd144
that's ok Ferd, I just think it wopuld be hard to have to waiy until the middlr of the month when on SSDO to get a check, when most bills need to be paid at the beggining og th month such as rent . My brother who is on SSI and still recieves paper checks has to always wait for the mail , and sometimes does not get his until after the 1rst due tothe mail, I told him that he needs to use the bank or a express card very soon because their going to eliminate paper checks.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #27
Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscat40 View Post
that's ok Ferd, I just think it wopuld be hard to have to waiy until the middlr of the month when on SSDO to get a check, when most bills need to be paid at the beggining og th month such as rent . My brother who is on SSI and still recieves paper checks has to always wait for the mail , and sometimes does not get his until after the 1rst due tothe mail, I told him that he needs to use the bank or a express card very soon because their going to eliminate paper checks.
I use DirectExpress..........and its fantastic IMO.The funds are in the account literally at midnight of my Wednesday due date.I find it easy,convenient,and completely safe.

It seems other members use the direct checking account deposit,and are also happy with that method.But as you said they will be doing away with ALL PAPER checks in the near future.I am not sure exactly when that date/time is,but I urge EVERYONE to start the paperless process ASAP with either payment option.

Be ProActive.......not reactive

GL,
Ferd144

Old 03-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #28
Veteran
(female)

As I understood it, they were to stop the beginning of 2012. When I approved at the hearing I called the constituent assistant at the US Senate office and she made it a huge point to get set up ***now***

1-so there wouldn't be any delays in processing my retro or my monthly checks down the road and

2- because they are stopping checks and she didn't want me caught up in the mess of that.

From her urgency, it seems like this is coming to a head quickly.

It really wasn't a big deal when I did it-direct deposit to my bank acct. I just called SSA.

--If you go direct deposit I would recommend going to a NON commercial bank ie credit union since their fee's (if any) are much lower than those of the commercial banks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jacki345 For This Useful Post:
ferd144 (03-10-2012)
Old 03-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #29
Veteran
(female)

Hi Folks,

Its been awfully quiet the last few days on the forum,and hope everybody is doing OK.I myself have not been feeling well physically(which turns into a semi-depressive state of mind in my simple world)

Every once in awhile,we all go through this.......and that was the message I was sending with my OP.Just being approved for SSDI means NOTHING when you look at the grand scheme of things

Ferd

Last edited by ferd144; 03-19-2012 at 03:52 PM.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: ferd144
Jacki345 (03-21-2012), MOnsterpete (03-20-2012), sunni123 (03-19-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to ferd144 For This Useful Post:
Jacki345 (03-21-2012)
Old 03-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #30
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Quote:
Hi Folks,

Its been awfully quiet the last few days on the forum,and hope everybody is doing OK.I myself have not been feeling well physically(which turns into a semi-depressive state of mind in my simple world)

Every once in awhile,we all go through this.......and that was the message I was sending with my OP.Just being approved for SSDI means NOTHING when you look at the grand scheme of things

Ferd
((((((((Ferd)))))), hope you start to feel better soon. You are right Ferd. My chronic health challenges are like a roller coaster ride. I can feel ok for a week or two and then the complete opposite at the drop of a hat. These chronic medical conditions do make you depressed. I am even taking a small dose of wellbutrin to combat. Take it easy and be kind to yourself. Hope things start to lift soon for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to BlueSkies14 For This Useful Post:
ferd144 (03-21-2012)
Reply Reply