It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2012, 07:49 AM   #1
(female)

sickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB User
what do you use?

I'm at the point I've hurt myself again; so I'm ready to admit defeat and listen to my dr's.

Do I use a cane, walker, wheelchair or scooter? what works for you? pros/cons of what you're using?

I have to do something; I'm just recovering from 3 faints in a week last month where I hurt myself again and my left leg numbness/weakness is worsening at an alarming rate making it difficult sometimes to walk at times.

Last week I hit a needle that had fa llen from my craft kit that was stored in the top of my closet that I hit and went through my toe..

then the other day we went to Target so I could get some female products and my son said my toe was bleeding ugh! I had ran my left foot over with the cart but didn't pay attention because I didnt feel it; splitting my pinky toe completely open and ripping the nail off...

Last edited by sickandtired99; 10-25-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:20 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Millard HB UserMillard HB UserMillard HB UserMillard HB User
Re: what do you use?

I am a C5-C6 spinal cord injury. I got enough return and physical therapy that for many years I used forearm crutches to walk. I would fall often and suffer some pain but nothing serious. In 1995, I fell and broke my left femur. I later broke my left tibia and fibula, my right foot twice, my left kneecap and my left femur again. My orthopaedic surgeon told me to quit walking or probably spend the rest of my life in bed. I took his advice and now use a power chair full time.

Deciding what is best for you is a difficult decision. If you do not have one, you need to find a physiatrist. He can work with you and a physical therapist to help decide what is best for you.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply