It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
(female)

lucky4714 HB User
disabled women

Hi all. I am years young have had Cebral Palsy since i was a child.I walk with a limp and find it hard managing stairs sometimes.My thing is with shopping are any outing i always get the look at my legs are feet never into my eyes are face.I am used to it now but as a kid it was very hurtful to me.i have been called various names over the years people will still say things like Hi Crip. But people get scared i think and dont know how to respond to someone different. Life goes on ....

The following user gives a hug of support to lucky4714:
lenvegas (02-21-2013)
Old 12-13-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
(female)

lar17 HB User
Re: disabled women

Hi!

I'm so sorry to hear about your condition, but even more so for the way others have treated. As well as the way they still seem to treat you to this day, the condition I have is mental. So unlike yours no one would never know it's there just by sight, but let me tell you when I was a child, and throughout my years in school. I've always been made fun of by classmates, which to this day has made me self conscious. When you said that when you're out in public, and you feel like others are looking at your condition. Instead of looking at you, this is a possible mental set of the way others always use to treat you, and call you names. Please don't get this wrong, but as for me if I would see someone with a physical condition if I was to hesitate to look them in the face, and smile. Only because I know in my heart I would do it with my heart, and I wouldn't know if they would take it as me feeling pity for them. Which I would never feel, because I hate for my family to let others know about my condition, because I don't want their pity. I was going to a church at one time, and a woman their had a daughter in her mid 20's which has a physical disability problem. This young girl has such a beautiful attitude, it's so easy to see past the physical condition. I've meet many handsome men, and beautiful women, who has attitudes that would make your condition out rate their beauty. When you go out into public, if you feel like someone is looking at your feet, and legs instead of your eyes, and face. You!!! look the straight into the eye, and smile!!! Only because inner beauty beats outer beauty everytime! Thank you even though you may not have realized it, you opened my eyes. From now on when I'm in public, and see someone with a physical condition, I'm going to look them in the eye, and smile. God! Bless! Take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
hurtinginside