It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2013, 05:53 AM   #1
(female)

DDD Sara HB UserDDD Sara HB UserDDD Sara HB User
Must surrender abusive cat having hard time

I have back issues for 5 years. I have a 3-1/2 yr old cat that is aggressive to my other cat and now has scratched me up every time I try to lift her or say no. I can't walk her with a leash anymore and have to give her up but because of her past abusive behavior I have to put her down. This is so hard for me.

Anyone else have a tough time becoming disabled and dealing with pet issues? Thanks. Sara

Old 08-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #2
(female)

grace058 HB User
Re: Must surrender abusive cat having hard time

I am sooooo sorry you're having to deal with this. It's never easy giving up a pet, muchless having to make the decision that it's best to put them down. If you do decide that it's best for the kitty to just go to Rainbow Bridge, then do what you feel is best!! I feel for you, as I'm a huge cat lover & have 3 of my own. It's hard enough dealing with your issues with your cat's behavior, but being "limited" with your physical capabilities doesn't help matters either. Whatever you decide to do, remember it was your kitty's best interest that you were worried about. My daughter had to decide to put a kitty of hers down a few years back. It was a hard decision for her, but best for kitty as kitty wouldn't have done well with anyone else.
Hang in there!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
caring for with disability, pets