It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
(female)

Debslol HB User
Unhappy 1st cdr nervous!

Hi all I got my first cdr and it was the short form. I was eager to get it in the mail so I filled it out and added comments to include my worsening condition. Well then I wrote out a page as well to include my falling and dizziness issues. From what I have read (hindsight) I should have kept it simple and not added comments. I am so wracked up and nervous now that this is going to cause a full blown cdr and I can't go through that again! I have a hard enough time keeping up with my medical stuff! Did I mess up....will this throw it out and create a full blown cdr.

Thx debbie

Old 06-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
(male)

Frederick123 HB UserFrederick123 HB UserFrederick123 HB User
Re: 1st cdr nervous!

What is a CDR?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
(female)

Debslol HB User

Continued disability review

Old 07-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #4
(female)

daph10 HB User

I too just recieved my short form CDR. I have a week before I have to mail back.
I have not filled out yet trying to make sure I do it right. I was told not to add anything to it even though I am being treated for other issues. Wish someone knew this answer and went thru it already. DIane

Old 08-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #5
(male)

TruthSeeker25 HB User

The optical short form CDR's (SSA-455-OCR-SM) should be filled out simply without adding any additional info. or a new DX. This form is read (scanned) by a computer. If something changes in your health condition, the computer red flags and the form goes to a human to be scrutinized which could result in a full medical investigation CDR. The burden of proof shifts to the SSA to prove that you have made substantial medical improvements that will now allow work unlike when you initially applied for benefits and the burden of proof was on you to prove you were disabled.

The biggest mistake some people make is they quit seeing their doctors regularly, hence when the SSA requests updated medical records from the time they approved your claim or the last review you had and you have none or they are very spotty, the rationale then becomes your condition must not be that bad then anymore and could possibly justify a termination even if you tell them you still can not work and they send you for a CE. Anyone on disability, whether government sponsored SSDI or private group or indiv. LTD must keep seeing their doctors on a regular, consistent basis for as long as you remain on claim. Even if you do get hit with a full CDR and your medical records do not indicate substantial improvement, benefits should continue uninterrupted. Good luck to you!

Old 08-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #6
(male)

TruthSeeker25 HB User

For some weird reason my 1st post did not go thru so I am reposting...

The optical short form CDR's (SSA-455-OCR-SM) should be filled out simply without adding any additional info. or a new DX. This form is read (scanned) by a computer. If something changes in your health condition, the computer red flags and the form goes to a human to be scrutinized which could result in a full medical investigation CDR. The burden of proof shifts to the SSA to prove that you have made substantial medical improvements that will now allow work unlike when you initially applied for benefits and the burden of proof was on you to prove you were disabled.

The biggest mistake some people make is they quit seeing their doctors regularly, hence when the SSA requests updated medical records from the time they approved your claim or the last review you had and you have none or they are very spotty, the rationale then becomes your condition must not be that bad then anymore and could possibly justify a termination even if you tell them you still can not work and they send you for a CE. Anyone on disability, whether government sponsored SSDI or private group or indiv. LTD must keep seeing their doctors on a regular, consistent basis for as long as you remain on claim. Even if you do get hit with a full CDR and your medical records do not indicate substantial improvement, benefits should continue uninterrupted. Good luck to you! How long have you been on SSDI if you don't mind sharing?

Old 08-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #7
(male)

TruthSeeker25 HB User

Hi, here my understanding of the short form CDR.

The biggest mistake some people make is they quit seeing their doctors regularly, hence when the SSA requests updated medical records from the time they approved your claim or the last review you had and you have none or they are very spotty, the rationale then becomes your condition must not be that bad then anymore and could possibly justify a termination even if you tell them you still can not work and they send you for a CE. Anyone on disability, whether government sponsored SSDI or private group or indiv. LTD must keep seeing their doctors on a regular, consistent basis for as long as you remain on claim. Even if you do get hit with a full CDR and your medical records do not indicate substantial improvement, benefits should continue uninterrupted. Good luck to you!

Old 08-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #8
(female)

Gerry82 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debslol View Post
Hi all I got my first cdr and it was the short form. I was eager to get it in the mail so I filled it out and added comments to include my worsening condition. Well then I wrote out a page as well to include my falling and dizziness issues. From what I have read (hindsight) I should have kept it simple and not added comments. I am so wracked up and nervous now that this is going to cause a full blown cdr and I can't go through that again! I have a hard enough time keeping up with my medical stuff! Did I mess up....will this throw it out and create a full blown cdr.

Thx debbie
Hi,

I'm not on disability, but I've helped my dad through the process a couple of times (he's, well, kind of histrionic about his health.) When my dad first applied, his SSID disability case worker was AWESOME. She told us exactly what she needed and was super helpful explaining the process. Some of this what she told me, some is my/my dad's experience with the process.

Be honest. When it comes to things like chronic pain, fatigue, etc, the case worker needs to be able to trust what you say. If you're being treated for new stuff, write something like "I'm being treated for XYZ, but my primary disability is still ABC." Don't hide what your diagnoses are, they'll show up in your records anyway, and I think it just makes you look bad.

Not sure what you mean by full blown CDR? In initial claims, theyre looking to see if you fit their definition of disability, it was on my dad to prove he fit. On CDR, the onus is on SSA is to prove you've improved medically. As far as I know, every CDR is the same.

In my dad's case, he was still being treated for back/shoulder/hip pain, plus he's developed heart problems. It was a lot easier than the first time around. They didn't care much about his heart, just wanted to see that he was still being treated for the same pain problems and was functioning the same way. It didn't take nearly as long, and they didn't need my dad to do much of anything. He's had three CDRs now, and it's been the same every time.

Wow, didn't mean to write a book. Sorry. I wouldn't worry too much. Just fill out the stuff they send you.

-Meghan

Reply Reply