It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2005, 12:21 PM   #1
(female)

Speechie HB User
divorce

Any tips on dating someone who has been divorced, and how to tell if you should wait around for his 'wall' to come down or how to tell if you are just a 'meantime' girl? Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2005, 01:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User
Re: divorce

Hello speechie--

I was in a similiar position about 2 years maybe 3 years ago. The guy I dated had just recently gone through a divorce, and had already been engaged to be married again, he split up with his fiance, and thats when I started dating him was after that.

He told me I had his heart and he could see us being together for a long time this and that. (I had known this guy for several years but we never dated since he was a few years older then me) He told me his x-fiance was just a rebound and that he was ready and wanted to be with me and this and that. So I thought we were set!! Then he went to arizona to work at some summer camp, we kept in touch for about 2 weeks. He then hooked up with a fellow camp employee and stopped writting and calling, he wouldnt respond to me and left me hanging (I remained faithful, silly me) So he came back to town and the news that his g/f would be coming as well!! His g/f...whom I thought I was!!!

We met up and talked, kinda, i asked him what the deal was and he said sorry several times and he couldnt help it. And i couldnt get many answers out of him, but I guess I turned into one of those rebound girls. He left and wanted to still be friends and wanted a hug. I told him no and that was the last time I saw him. He ended up marrying that girl and having a baby with her, He even had the nerve to send me an invite to the wedding...I sent it back and told him to rot in heck.

They are already divorced and he's with yet another girl, last i heard. So I dont know. It's hard to give you good judgement since all men and women are different. I didnt know he didnt want me until he was gone and couldnt be man enough to tell me so...

goodluck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread