It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2003, 10:39 AM   #1

pennyb HB User
Unhappy divorce time has come :(

Hi everyone! Well this is sad but after 3 years of marriage it's divorce time. A lot about me has changed since I started on paxil (which was due to being told i could not have children). Lately, I am very moody, suicidal, angry and plenty of other moods. My husband has been through a lot with me and now well, he is pretty much sick of it and i don't blame him. I never meant to hurt him or destroy his life. It's amazing how happy we useto be until paxil entered my life. It has changed me so much. God i useto be so healthy, worked full time, college part time. Now i can't spell, get out of bed, deal with my medical conditions, work, concentrate, deal with others face to face, drive. I guess now i am nothing but a basket case. But you know what it's all good because now I won't be dragging someone down with me. This is my battle and I will go through it alone until the time i can no longer deal with it. Sorry all i needed to vent a little.
pennyb

Old 03-24-2003, 11:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

suej1946 HB User
Why do you have to go thru it alone. Maybe you should get rid of the Paxil and try something else. I have been on Lexapro for 2 months and its helped me a lot. If you feel the way you do then the paxil is wrong for you. See your doctor and demand something else. if he wont give it to you get another dr. I dont know if you still love your husband or not but it may be worth fighting for if you do. dont let this drug ruin your life and by the sounds of it thats exactly what its doing. there are too many other things out there to try. Your not alone, good luck and let us know how you are doing.
God Bless !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2003, 12:08 PM   #3
(female)

spungy HB User
Smile

Hey there!!
I have just seperated from my husband of 5 years.
I am currently taking Celexa.My husbands inabbility to understand whats wrong with me ,has lead us to seperate,but I am doing so much better now that he has left.We had lot's of poblems before that I realy think helped drag me into this anxiety/deppression.I tried Paxil when I first got ill.I hated how it made me feel.
I have been on Celexa now for about 5 months now.It has been a life saver for me.I too would suggest you try another medication as certain types can rune your life rather than help.
good luck spungy

Old 03-26-2003, 05:11 PM   #4

Arturosgal18 HB User
Spungy ~

You're on Celexa, any negatives and postives you can inform me with. I was prescribed it and it's been just sitting in my room becauseI am too afraid to try it because of all the research I've done. Seems its done more harm than good to people. Once case involved hari loss! Let me know what you think, I want opinions from actual user instead of shrinks and docs.

Love,
Arturosgal

Old 03-26-2003, 05:15 PM   #5

Arturosgal18 HB User
Pennyb ~

Well you seem like my mother. ( Not a bad thing she is a very sweet woman) She has been going through hard times too, I pray for the very best for you. I do believe that if you still love him, you guys should stay together. Afterall when you take marriage vows you are commiting yourself to that person. I guess I am old fashioned, I think that he should offer you love and support and show it. I feel that he should be there for you instead of running away from this. i'm not trying to tell you what to do or sound like I'm preaching. I just think at a time when you need people the most, they shouldnt be running away ya know ?

I'll pray for you,
Arturosgal

Old 03-28-2003, 03:25 PM   #6

DonnaKS HB User
Penny,

I agree with the others, there are TOOOO many meds out there to just stick with one...especially if it's ruining your life!! Talk to your doc. If he won't switch your meds...switch HIM. Alot of doctors are glad to switch you, and will help any way they can. Mine gave me samples until we found the RIGHT one. It's a hard thing for husbands to understand...men tend to want to fix things, and well, they can't FIX depression. It's something each person has to do for themself. That's not to say he's off the hook...he should be supporting in WHATEVER it takes. If you still love him, you need to get help in a hurry!! Not just for the sake of keeping him, but do it for YOURSELF most of all!! The RIGHT meds will make you BETTER not worse!! Hope this helps! Good Luck!
Donna

Old 03-28-2003, 07:18 PM   #7

lfantell HB User
I just wanted to say that I understand how you feel. I have been recently diagnosed with depression. I had no idea of what was making me feel the way I was and do the things that I did. My SO, who has his masters in psychology knew what was going on, but as I was hitting bottom, he walked out of my life.

There are people out there who are willing to listen and willing to help. I didn't believe so until tonight. I went to my adult degree course tonight and told them what was going on (this is a unique group, not your typical college stuff). Every person in that group wrote my email address down and said I could email at any time. Some even stopped me after class. I would rather my now ex-SO were the one offering me that hand to hold, but since he isn't, I'll take hold of the 16 that were offered me tonight.

------------------
"Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." Langston Hughes

Old 03-28-2003, 07:59 PM   #8
Inactive

Ninispjc HB User
Penny, i agree with the others here. if paxil ismaking you feel this terrible, you need to get your doctor to try something else. Insist on it. i'm sorry your marriage is suffering. I hope everything works out for the best. My doctor prescribed prozac. I took one dose and felt so terrible I didn't take it again. I reported a complete list of all the side effects I had and he said it sounds as if I were allergic to it. I had some rare and unusual side effects. He wants me to try Celexa, so I would also like to hear from those who have actually taken it. Hang in there, Penny, and don't be afraid to fight for yourself. It sounds like definitely need a new medication and doctor.

Old 03-31-2003, 12:46 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

CINDERELLA HB User
I am sorry to hear you feel this way. When I married I was in pretty good nick, had a few back problems. After having my daughter my back pain went downhill and now I have had trouble for 7 years. It is wearing on your partner and your life can be different to what you hoped. For me I cant really have anymore kids, cant hold down a real job, cant do so much housework etc and sometimes I just need to lie down and be a drag. My husband still loves me and cares for me. He wouldnt ( I hope ) leave me. He has his own medical problems and I help him too. I think you need your husband to help you and support you. Perhaps he needs to talk to someone or find some help for you.

Old 04-01-2003, 07:59 PM   #10

mydog8mybrain HB User
I've got lots of friends that eat SSRI's. Funny, it seems that none of them can keep a marriage together once the drugs get introduced into the mix.

Sorta reminds me of alcohol..... Once it takes over things just go downhill.

------------------
Those parents that choose to dispense "tough love" to their children now should be prepared to receive same back from them in 30 years.

Closed Thread