It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2006, 07:46 PM   #1
(female)

WeepingWillow19 HB User
Divorce..my Choice

I know I haven't posted in a while. Last night I asked my husband for a divorce. I'm tried of being beaten and then being told it will never happen again. What that really means is..it won't happen again until next time.

Not to get to graphic, but he pulled my across the rug by me arm and the other arm got stuck on something. It's seven inches long and now the doc says I have cellutitus.(sp and don't really know what it means.) I just know it's red as fire around the actual wound.

I have felt a lot of anxiety today and a whole lot of panic attacks. So far the depression it holding it's own. That's why I'm so afraid. I have a lot of things to do to get ready to move. I was raised in a little town near by called Mishawaka. My girls and their families live there and so does me my mom. She's pushing 80 years old. Mishawaka is only one town over and I go visit a couple days a week to see the grandkinds if my depression isn't too bad.

My computer will be up and running there, too. I just wanted everyone to know what's going on with me. Boy, if I get through this I will never complain again.

Good Luck To All.................WW

Old 06-28-2006, 08:16 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Ariesladi25 HB User
Unhappy Re: Divorce..my Choice

hey weeping willow19,

I am so sorry to hear that you have been in a marriage that involved such abuse as you descibed .... You are a strong person and brave to make the desicon you made...I could not imagine what you have gone through....

you should be proud of yourself for the change you are making....not to be noisy or too personal, but are you planning on taking any precautions as far as protection from your husband? I guess i mean like letting police know whats going on just in case he decides to try to harm you..sorry if i am digging too deep just concerend....

please keep me posted, and be safe
amc23

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2006, 01:38 PM   #3
(female)

kricky422 HB User
Re: Divorce..my Choice

I got a divorce last year because of the constant emotional abuse. It is a hard step but the right step. Good luck to you.

Old 06-29-2006, 02:05 PM   #4
(female)

ieshaj HB User

Good luck and I am very proud of you! Leaving an abusive person is hard and can be scary. Please do take the necessary precautions and let the police know what is going on. Most abusive men become more violent when they know that you are leaving. Also, you need a support system. Do you have any friends that are your friends only and that you can count on? You need to make everyone aware of your situation. Sorry, I studies criminal justice and I really learned that it is better to be safe then sorry even if you do have to put your business out there.
I was once in an abusive relationship myself. On my move out day, he started destroying all my stuff and attacking me. Make sure you have a friend(s) with you and that you move while he is not at home. Is he an alcoholic by chance?
I wish you the best of luck and def keep us all posted to your well-being.

Old 06-29-2006, 05:40 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

janart HB User

You're depression and anxiety will not get better until you get out from under this. Do it and don't look back. Please keep us posted on how it goes. Take care of yourself and check back in soon. XX

Old 06-29-2006, 08:25 PM   #6
(female)

WeepingWillow19 HB User

Thanks to all that replied. We all have problems and we do what we can to correct it. As far as friends I can count on, yes I do have friends pluse I worked for the city P.D. for 15 years. I made a lot of friends there. <weg>

Kricky, emotion abuse is just as bad, sometimes worse. Mine started that way. It was horrible. No one should have to live that way. I hope you're not still in that situation.

As for tonight, he's still in jail, but will probably get out tomorrow. I'm enjoying every minute of it. I have my patio doors open and my candles lit, and a big glass of cold water here beside me. Does it get any better than this?? lol

He was allowed to call from the county jail. He gave an oscar winning performace. I said ok you win. Just to be nice I'll send a list to whoever the next woman is you vicitmized. We are divorcing way tooooooooo late.

Love to all..................WW

Old 06-30-2006, 08:27 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

YOU GO GIRL FRIEND!!!! Sad to know that this has happened to you.....it can sure do a job on someones spirit....I'm sure things will look up for you....stay strong!!!

Old 06-30-2006, 11:00 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

I am glad to hear your making positive changes to your life. Please stay safe

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta