It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2006, 04:13 AM   #1
(male)

SoFarSoGood HB User
Refusing a divorce?

Well looks like shes set on getting a divorce from me.She tells me that I just dont know my boundaries and she doesnt know if Ill ever change my ways and visa versa.

What happens when I refuse to sign over the divorce?She has to get a lawyer, right? Is that all there is to it? I mean she pays $100. to one of those cheap lawyers and they make sure it gets finalized?

Im ezxactly sure why I dont want to sign it other than the fact that I dont want the divorce.Am I playing it safe by doing this, or could this backfire on me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2006, 04:31 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User
Re: Refusing a divorce?

i' m not sure what state you are in but it mine it is "no fault" divorce. i filed, my first huband was served, he refued to sign the papaers so there was a 2 year wait at which point he was served again. it took me 2 1/2 years from the filing time for it to be official. at that point if one won't sign the judge grants the divorce. we had no childe support, custody, or property arrangements to work out and it still took almost 3 years. hope this halped. the 2 year wait is to give both paties time to change their mind, get help etc. best of luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2006, 05:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User

Why do you want to fight the divorce? If she doesn't love you anymore why would you want to remain in the marriage?

Old 09-25-2006, 05:37 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Bracelet HB User

She obviously doesn't want to be married to you anymore since she went ahead and got divorce papers. I don't see why you're trying to cling to something that is already dead. She doesn't want you anymore, why are you refusing the divorce? That's not good for YOU, first of all, but it's not good for her, either.

By settling for staying with someone who doesn't want to be with you, you are totally not respecting or honoring yourself. You are completely disrespecting yourself. You should love yourself more and realize that you deserve to be with someone who actually wants to be with you. But for some reason you refuse to leave when someone has made it perfectly clear that she no longer wants you anymore. Do you really hate yourself that much that you would force yourself to stay just to spite her???

Old 09-25-2006, 01:59 PM   #5
(male)

SoFarSoGood HB User

She hasnt gotten divorce papers yet.Hell shes so broke right now from loosing her job she cant even afford the papers.I was helping her with gas and food and personal stuff out of the kindness of my heart even though she isnt living with me right now.She still treated me like crap.She still loves me, but shes tired of the fights.We get around each other and Im real calm and nice to her and she wants me, but holds herself back before she actually makes a move.

I told her last night I cant have her around me flirting with me and then turning me down.Just leave if your going to leave, your teasing me and my heart.

I got a question.Is that No fault divorce law in a effect in Texas?I asume it is, since were a republican state.Anyone know?

Old 09-25-2006, 02:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I don't know about the law in texas, but my advice to you would be stop helping her with gas, food and spending money. What kind of woman would tell you she doesn't want to be with you, but continue to accept your money? A user......She's a user, and you're making it too easy for her.
Stop giving her things.....

Old 09-25-2006, 03:08 PM   #7
(male)

SoFarSoGood HB User

Completely agree now.

I care about my wife alot.The problem bein g is that I care more about her more than myself.Im trying to change.

I mean we both agreed on the joint custidy.I could easliy take the boys from her with her assult charges, but I dont beleive she deserves that.She loves her boys very much.She agreed not to file child support, as long as I support them.Which I do and will never stop.

I felt sory for her even though she brings this on her self.She wants me to leave her alone and be out of her life.Im going to have to deal with that.I dropped her insurance, cell phone today.I wish the best for her.Honestly she left me hangin with all the bills and rent and still asked me for gas money.What pushed that out the door was when I caught her going over her friends house last night 30 miles away to go hang out.No job, no money for gas but she can go do that!Not on my money she wont.

So I say make her pay for her divorce, this isnt a game to get her back as much as I want things to be normal.Shes just going to have to take the rocky twisted road by herself that she decided to go down.Good luck.

Am I wrong for this?

Old 09-25-2006, 08:42 PM   #8
(female)

kathya HB User

Don't agree to the not filing for child support thing. I know several male co-workers, plus my son-in-law, who had a "deal" where they gave the ex money every month for the children, but there was no court record of it. After several years the ex-wife goes to court for official child support. You have no proof you've been paying money for child support for years, and guess what?, the judge orders you to pay back child support from the time of the separation. My son-in-law owes thousands of dollars in back child support, even though he was giving her money every month for years. Get an official amount to pay from the court and you won't have any problems later.

Old 09-27-2006, 12:47 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

shoe HB User

she is broke? lol karma baby ...
kick her to the curb with nothing ... tell the cops everything in the house is yours ... without reciepts she can't take a single thing ... GIVE HER HELL ...

fight this thing to the end ... DON'T SIGN THE PAPERS ... but don't treat her as your wife ... fight the divorce to the bitter end ... make her wish she never took those vows, for her to try to take them back now ...

Closed Thread