It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2006, 04:12 PM   #1
(female)

penny js HB User
Unhappy Ms/mood Swings/divorce?

Hi, Allyouall Sunday 10/08/06
I'm new here today. I have had MS for six years. My spouse has never tried to find out what I am going through. He won't read or talk about MS. He sees that I don't walk well,that I have a lot of pain,burning.numbness,muscle spasms. I spend a lot of time in a wheelchair. He sees me take shots everyday and about 12 other meds. He thinks I am a *****. He left last Wednesday and I haven't heard from him since. He has his own issues. He is an alcoholic. As if I don't have enough problems. He thinks that my moodiness is because I want to be that way. We have been together 30 years, married for 25. I think he is going to get a divorce. At this point I don't really care. But I feel like my whole world has crashed on top of me. Yes I am having a pity party today and I was the only one invited. Is anyone else having problems with there spouse. I do not have a caregiver I am doing this on my own. I don't know what I am going to do. My whole life has revolved around him. He has never been there for me. I just feel so lost. I am finally going to attend an alanon meeting. Just like him I don't want to learn about his disease I just want it to go away. They say that God won't give you more than you can handle. I don't think this is true. If it is we all know that just having MS is somedays more than we want to deal with. Please forgive me for mispellings and words I might have left out. Somebody PLEASE respond. I need help. Thanks for letting me complain.I'm not allowed to do it in my own home.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2006, 04:40 PM   #2
(female)

mnewhall HB User
Re: Ms/mood Swings/divorce?

penny,

i'm so sorry you are having a bad time right now. i've not been dx'd with ms, but believe i'm on the road to that soon. but i have a host of other dx'd medical conditions. it is true, that God will not give you more than you can handle. i have always asked Him, why me? When I learned to thank Him for my physical problems, then I began to grow in my walk with Him and He helped me to see that the person He made me is not determined by my physical ailments, but that He has a purpose in life for me just as I am. I have come to the decision that God is using my ailments to keep me humble and He can use me to help encourage others who are going through the same things.

Please know that I have already said a prayer for you and will continue to do so. Take care of yourself and I pray that you will get past this trying time.

Philippians 4:13 "I can do ALL things through Jesus Christ who gives me strength."

God Bless,
Michelle

Old 10-08-2006, 05:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

Penny,

You'll have great support here.These boards are very helpful,supportive and informative.

Sorry to hear about your spouse,my hubby ignores the fact of me having MS also.He has been supportive to a certain extent.I finally after 2 years raised my voice and told him yes I have MS,I deal with everyday and its about time he realizes it,he can't run from it.This disease has effected my walking,vision and hearing.I still take care of the house and my 3 children and do all the running,even on days I can barely walk.I attend all the football games,cross country meets,school functions,without my hubby.My 20 year old daughter is great support,she attends all my DRs. appointments,goes grocery shopping with me,and goes to sporting events and school functions with me.

I grew up with my father being an acoholic,it wasn't pleasant.Alcoholism is a disease itself.Its good you are going to attend a meeting,its benificial to your healing.

Power of prayer does help.I had almost given up my faith in the Lord,I've had 2 failed lumbar surgeries that left me disabled and now June 2006 a diagnosis of MS.Yes,my health is messed up,but the blessings around me (my 4 children and family),just showed me that the lord is hearing me.Don't give up on your faith,the lord will not put more upon us than we can handle.There are many worse off.My grandma used to say when all else fails pray more and harder and you will be heard.

Mood swings are very common with MS.As my symptoms flair up so does my moods.

Prayers to you
Toni

Old 10-09-2006, 06:51 PM   #4
(female)

penny js HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnewhall
penny,

i'm so sorry you are having a bad time right now. i've not been dx'd with ms, but believe i'm on the road to that soon. but i have a host of other dx'd medical conditions. it is true, that God will not give you more than you can handle. i have always asked Him, why me? When I learned to thank Him for my physical problems, then I began to grow in my walk with Him and He helped me to see that the person He made me is not determined by my physical ailments, but that He has a purpose in life for me just as I am. I have come to the decision that God is using my ailments to keep me humble and He can use me to help encourage others who are going through the same things.

Please know that I have already said a prayer for you and will continue to do so. Take care of yourself and I pray that you will get past this trying time.

Philippians 4:13 "I can do ALL things through Jesus Christ who gives me strength."

God Bless,
Michelle

Closed Thread