It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2006, 09:59 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User
Really angry 4 yr old becuase of divorce

my story is really long.I have a 4.5 yr old son who was though to be autistic. We had just bought our house when we found out and I didn't goback to work to stay home with my son to do all the recommended therapies andI ws the one making more $$ when I suggested my husband jump in and be a part of the therapies and make some schedule changes at work so maybe i could back to work part time he wouldn't budge. So we wound up losing our house. I was pretty much in it alone as far as caring for my son , going to all the evaluations, seeking out the therapists that worked best with him implementing the therapies and incorporating them into every day life. To make a really long story short After doing it alone for so long and my husband sinking further into alcolhol abuse and drug use I told I wanted a divorce. I still don't work and can't afford a lawyer and he refuses to sign any divorce papers. His one saving grace is he loves his son and my son is crazy about him. But the man is a bum he blames everyone else for everything that's happened and when I still cared I begged him to come to marriage counseling to seek individual counseling to go to AA something anything to show he was willing to save our marriage and family. Needless to say he didn't so now so he doesn't live on the street like a bum I let him come back and sleep in my son's room. My son wants his room back and he's mad I'm much more strict than Dad and he's mad, He is misbehaving to the point where I'd like to sell him to gypsies eventhough I understand and try so hard to be patient but also provide limits I'm at my wits end I've asked Dad to leave and he's been Saving his money for 9 months now what can I do to get him out without Police or infront of my son???? We were on our way to good when he was gone we had a routine the rules were basically followed HELP me wise experienced parents I nearly had a meltdown last night and to beat all I quit smoking 6 months ago what's a girl to do????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2006, 12:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: Really angry 4 yr old becuase of divorce

Liamsmom, wow, I'm sorry, sounds like your husband just couldn't cope with Liam's diagnosis. Now everything is in limbo and not going very well? So Liam's dad lets him get away with more and makes everything more confusing for him because you and his dad aren't on the same boat? I think that you are asking how to get Liam's dad out? Hey, congrats on stopping smoking and for taking such good care of your son!

Old 12-03-2006, 01:13 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

Whether your husband goes for counseling or not, I highly recommend that YOU go! It would help you find a way out of this mess. You should be able to find counseling that is offered on "pay as you can" type rate.

Good luck!

Old 12-05-2006, 03:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User

Thanks for the advice but I'm practically a professional when it comes to couseling. Yep it's a mess alright. Luckily the hopefully es isn't a violent drunk in anyway just passive let;s life pass him by. My son isn't autistic thankfully just a huge handful at the moment, and makes thing VERY difficult for the time being. Maybe he gets it from Dad. Anyway thanks for the advice.

Closed Thread