It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2007, 09:27 PM   #1
(female)

methree HB User
How can I get a divorce?

I am very young and made a stupid decision to get married. I even moved to another country and left my parents behind (they didn't disapprove of the marriage). It's ruining my life.

I don't like being here and my husband and me are not compatible. We love each other.. but we really are not compatible. I am very religious and he is not. He's not the type of husband I want and I'm not the type of wife he wants. We don't fight physically or anything but we always argue.

It was going ok at first but we quickly saw that we weren't compatible at all. We loved each other and tried to change ourselves but obviously that didn't last.

We didn't know each other before.. it sounds stupid this was in a different culture than here in the US. I wouldn't say it was arranged, but that's an easier way of putting it.

I don't know what to do. Please help!

Last edited by methree; 03-06-2007 at 09:27 PM.

Old 03-07-2007, 01:47 AM   #2
(female)

fade_to_black HB User
Re: How can I get a divorce?

I think you have to do what will make you happy. If you think the marriage could be a good one if you worked on it, then maybe try marriage counselling or something and see where that takes you. However, you seem to regret marrying him completely so if it's just plain obvious that you two aren't meant for each other, then there's not much point in wasting years of your life in a marriage that makes you both unhappy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2007, 07:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

you ask how can you get a divorce?
its simple.....you talk to a lawyer

Old 03-08-2007, 11:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

happymom28 HB User

Exactly, contatct a lawyer. Does he want a divorce too? If so, it will be very easy. It's when the try to fight the divorce that things get complicated.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:25 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

prairie_dawn HB User

Get a laywer. simple just do it. dont whine about it(not saying you are, just makeing a point is all), dont let him try to force you to not get one and if he agrees hten it will be fast just like the Previous poster said.

good luck

Old 03-08-2007, 03:43 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

try-ink HB User

Okay......let me ask you this:

Are you married legally? you know.....Do you have a marriage certificate?

If you do....Then that's how you get a divorce.(by talking to a lawyer)

I know that some cultures are like that........arrange marriage and etc....
but.....if you live here in the US. IF you don't have a marriage certificate....that's not marriage.

Well......maybe it is considered Legally over there. I can understand that maybe it's not easy to just get out.........but, If you are constantly having arguments. what good is it...to Stay with him,right? I would just get out.

Are you afraid or something?

Old 03-09-2007, 06:25 AM   #7
(female)

aachar052 HB User

do you have kids,and what is your current visa status,which might change the action,may be setting the rules about expectations from each other may solve the problem since love is still their ,couple of other factor cheating of spouse etc will change the out look of the answers,without complete package you should not take any decision,having public openion without telling every aspect of life might let you make the wrong decision which you might repent in long run,go to counseller or any person from your contry(who know your culture) and talk about evry aspect wrongs,and right you both did will open up the faults and help you to decide,some time miscommunication or no communication may lead to disaster.good luck.

Closed Thread