It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2007, 11:27 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

alleycat2 HB User
Unhappy Divorce

It's funny how one goo thing can happen and then one bad thing. It leaves for mixed emotions, which is what I have right now. One of my sisters just got married and the other as of today is divorced. She and her ex-husband agreed on this divorce and are still friends for the kids sake but it didn't make it any easier. It's like knowing someone is going to pass on but yet not matter how much you do to prepare for it or if you knew it still hurts. I didn't ask her anything about it at work because I didn't want her to cry. I just gave her a brief pat on the back so she knew I was there. My husband and I have been going through some stuff too but after this I feel lucky and guilty I was mad at him. After all my sister has worse problems like her divorce than I do. I feel ashamed for thinking I had it bad. I don't know how to react around my sister. I can't act normal and talk about my husband because I think thats the last thing she wants to hear about. What do I do? What do I talk about?

Old 03-09-2007, 08:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

prairie_dawn HB User
Re: Divorce

Honey she is your sister, talk to her tell her that you dont really know how she will feel if you talk to her about your husband and stuff that is going on. Ask her to tell you what is ok and not ok for now because you dont want to upset her. She'll understand and maybe even laugh at you for being silly to ask but atleast you gave her that respect. Or she will understand and say thank you that you were so thoughtfull to ask and she will tell you that talking about your relationship right now is touchy for her. Either way you win because your sister will know you asked her so she wont get upset.

good luck and as a divorcee myself we are good friends .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2007, 06:56 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

try-ink HB User
Re: Divorce

Sometimes.....just an evening out together is more than enough.

She probably won't feel as lonely...or depress...when she is out having a drink or two with her sisters and best friends.

a simple phone call every morning is also good.

or how about.......asking her to teach you a recipe.

Closed Thread