It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2007, 02:45 PM   #1
(female)

edigirl72 HB User
plastic surgery may cause divorce

i am thinking about a tummy tuck and breast augmentation for a long time but my husband says if i do it we will get divorced

Old 04-10-2007, 03:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User
Re: plastic surgery may cause divorce

Are you sure he's serious? How serious are you about this operation? I think it is your body, you are the one who has to live with it, and if you're not happy with it, then you have the right to fix little things to make yourself more satisfied with how you look, but I guess he has a stake in this too. Where will the money come from? What's his main concern about it? Is there any way you can talk it out and reach a compromise?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2007, 05:48 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

KeltoKel HB User

What exactly is your question? Are you asking us if you should do it? Well, if he is serious, you have to ask yourself if you want to be married.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mystic_star HB User

hi! Welcome to the boards! It sounds as if your husband is insecure about losing you...if you get plastic surgery, other men will also notice how nice you look and that is a threat to him! You two need to sit down and have a heart to heart. Maybe all he needs is reassurance that your feelings for him won't change just because you want to improve yourself!

Old 04-10-2007, 08:34 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

Hi edigirl, This needs to be placed into context. Like, was it "NO WIFE OF MINE WILL DO FOOLISHNESS LIKE THIS", or "This makes me all squeamish and I don't know that I can even live with the thought", or "I love you just the way you are, and you might be too different afterwards" . What's behind it, in other words?

Old 04-11-2007, 06:03 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

ILYF HB User

Maybe he'd be grossed out by implants? Maybe he thinks they are bizarre and creepy? Or maybe he thinks it's a waste of money? And if you blow $15,000 on such foolishness he's "outta here"? I can't begin to know why he'd say something like that unless the thought of implants freaks him out? Maybe he believes that you are doing it to attract other men?

Closed Thread