It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2007, 07:48 AM   #1
(female)

Ava_31 HB User
how do you tell people u r getting a divorce?

How do you? I haven't told anyone at work at all, but I know it might come out eventually. It's hard because there is one girl who is soooooo in love with this guy of 1 1/2 months...I don't know what she would say if I told her I was getting a divorce. The others at work will probably be shocked because they all know how long I've been married. Anyway, I am switching schools for the next school year for work so in a way maybe I don't really have to say anything. I may never see these girls again. But then I could use the support and maybe it will be a way for me to make more friends than have as acquaintences you know. I don't know. It's hard!!! I hate telling people bad news. Any advice would be great!

Old 04-24-2007, 07:53 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: how do you tell people u r getting a divorce?

A colleague of mine announced it by bringing a cake in for morning tea and we toasted it with coffee and cake. That way she told EVERYONE in one go.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2007, 08:06 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

happymom28 HB User

My colleages and I use to go to the same bar on friday nights for drinks and appetizers. I used the opportunity to buy a round and toast to my new found freedom.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:21 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User

Unless you change the name, you don't have to say. If you have to say, notify only your manager. I have co-workers with husbands permanently living in different countries or states. One of them remarried only then we found out that she divorced previous guy.
It is something very private, nobody should but in. Getting marreid or having a baby is different. You have to say that. I would only contact manager.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:22 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

well you don't want to live a lie, so I would get it out in the open.
depending on the size of your office......if it's a small office, of course you need to tell everyone. If you work in a company of 1000 people, no you don't have to tell everyone......
use your judgement.

Old 04-24-2007, 07:13 PM   #6
(female)

Ava_31 HB User

Thanks everyone! I like the idea of the coffee cake thing! I will see how it comes out, or if I decide to not. I am changing my name back so, my office mgr will know for sure. I will probably tell a few girls, perhaps a few teachers I kind of know, and two other co-workers. I'll see how things go. Thanks again!

Last edited by Ava_31; 04-24-2007 at 07:15 PM.

Closed Thread