It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2007, 11:14 PM   #1
(female)

budphisher HB User
if the dad has insurance on a son and they mother and father are divorced, does the f

if the dad has insurance on a son and they mother and father are divorced, does the father have to pay

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2007, 08:08 PM   #2
(female)

shmal HB User
Re: if the dad has insurance on a son and they mother and father are divorced, does t

I can only offer my own experience which is... my husband and I are just about divorced ( 13 years too late,lol) and he has carried the health ins for the past several years prior to this event. At this time he still has our two children on his policy. I live in NJ with our children he's in PA. Our divorce agreement states he is to maintain the Ins until I gain full time employment. then ,after comparing the two Ins, a decision will be made as to which coverage is better. And we will take whatever action/policy at that time.

Now another part of this is ,in NJ at least, (It is my understanding that this is as per NJ "Law") The custodial parent,me in this case, is responsible for the first $250.00( uncovered medical cost) per child per calendar year. Now we also have in the divorce agreement that he is responsible for 60% of the uncovered cost after that $250. is paid. Of course trying to get that is almost impossible but will be addressed in court soon.

I guess the best advice I can offer is to check with your county court system and or a lawyer. Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread