It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2011, 01:42 PM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User
Re: Ending an abusive marriage

Hi Sunsetnan,

Stress is not our friend. I think the stress is also getting to my daughter, her grades are falling at school and I have to go into the school for a meeting on the 15th. My daughter was seeing a therapist, however, she really did not talk with him, I think she just humored him by going throught the motions. She had her last appointment a couple of weeks ago. She told him that she was fine and really wanted to stop coming.
My wonderful STBX got himself into some hot water both at work and on the road. Needless to say, his liscense has been suspended for 45 days and he must attend some type of alcohol program. He has plenty of vacation and personal time, so he is being paid for now, so child support is still being deposited, however, he just told me that he is going to be suspended for 8 weeks without pay. Which means, no money no child support. He tells me that he will just have to catch up when he returns on May 1st.
He did tell me that he will call my counsel on Monday and agree to sign the separation agreement so that when we go to court on Wednsday, if the judge accepts the agreement than we are done.
One problem done, dealing with the bank on the house will follow. The bank has already told my husband that they are going to forclose on the property. The house is underwater by about 60,000 to 70,000 dollars and there will be no way that the bank will be able to sell the house to pay off the remaining mortgage, so I guess I will be paying for a house I do not live in for the rest of my life.
I will be thinking of you on Wed and hoping for the best for both of us.
You will do fine, try to spend some time writing down everything that you want to say and bring the paper with you so that you can refer to it often. This will help you not forget anything and possibly allow you to remember some examples of why you feel that unsupervised visits are not going to be the best type at this time. Have a pen and paper handy for when you need to jot down a few notes for yourself or your lawyer. Ask you lawyer to argue for a temporary child support order to be revisited once custody issues have been completed. Why is this attorney not arguing that you need some financial assistance?
Well time to go home and walk that sweet little dog, maybe, it is a little chilly today. I may just walk myself, do a few errands in town and than walk home.
Have a great weekend--let me know how you do and I will try to write on how my experience in court went.

The following user gives a hug of support to shisslak:
Sunsetnan (03-06-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to shisslak For This Useful Post:
Sunsetnan (03-06-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread