It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
(female)

jakes1mom HB Userjakes1mom HB User
Not I !!!

I was just informed by my STBX mominlaw that had I been "submissive" in my marriage to her son that it might not have ended. SHE KNOWS NOTHING!! I couldn't beleive this had come across her lips to me. I do know that he tried to make me a submissive wife, but that wouldn't wash. He even tried quoting the bible. He didn't even go to church but he wants to make the law in "his house". Yea, he'd say it's in the bible over and over. But, nothing else that was written in the bible mattered to him. None of the laws about adultry, or stealing and lying. Just the part about the submissive wife. It's a joke. All or most of the women in his family agree with him. My family on the other hand dont. Has anyone ever heard of such craziness before in your life? All I can say is that he was very abusive to me, and I wont allow myself to be treated like that ever again. Now im with an absolute wonderful man who thinks of me as his equal.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:00 AM   #2
(female)

anonnymouse HB Useranonnymouse HB User
Re: Not I !!!

Yeah, this is the entire story of religion. Meaning, the man commits adultery, pshaw, woman commits adultery, they kill her.

Sorry to hear it's happening with you on such a personal level. Forget about them and what they think. You don't care about what the Taliban thinks of you, do you? So don't care about what these sexists are saying. It's bull**** and we know it.

The Following User Says Thank You to anonnymouse For This Useful Post:
jakes1mom (06-03-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
(female)

Thanks for your comment. You're so right about what you said. No, I do not care what they think of me, or how I live my wonderful life. Without them of course. The really really sad part though, is my son. My own flesh and blood whom I give birth to. He feels this way, like his father. It has ruined all ties with my son. He will not call me, or come to my home. It's alot more to this than i really want to go into right now, I just wanted to let you get a look at what I have, and continue to go through with. Now it is with my son, not his father. But he is at the root of it. I will not tolerate these things from anyone, especially my son. thank you again, and GOD be with you always.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
(female)

anonnymouse HB Useranonnymouse HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakes1mom View Post
Thanks for your comment. You're so right about what you said. No, I do not care what they think of me, or how I live my wonderful life. Without them of course. The really really sad part though, is my son. My own flesh and blood whom I give birth to. He feels this way, like his father. It has ruined all ties with my son. He will not call me, or come to my home. It's alot more to this than i really want to go into right now, I just wanted to let you get a look at what I have, and continue to go through with. Now it is with my son, not his father. But he is at the root of it. I will not tolerate these things from anyone, especially my son. thank you again, and GOD be with you always.
Oh no. That is tragic. How old is he? I am so sorry. :hugs: I suspect that's the real pain... not what they think but what they have done to your child. Was your husband granted full custody or was your son allowed to choose? Someday I think he will see... many kids come out of that environment and grow up to be totally different. There is hope. Keep being civil and loving him... it's all you can do.

The following user gives a hug of support to anonnymouse:
jakes1mom (06-13-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to anonnymouse For This Useful Post:
jakes1mom (06-13-2011)
Old 06-13-2011, 03:41 PM   #5
(female)

He is 18 yrs old, will be 19 in 2 days. No, we had no custudy arrangments. I had to leave his father after a really really bad nite of abuse. I left and never lookd back. My son was 10 yrs old at the time and was showing signs of hatred toward me, like his daddy did. He hit me, talked bad to me, and would not listen to me at all. This is what he had seen all his life. His daddy would pick on me, hit me and also talk to me like a dog. The last time i talked to my boy, he called me a *****, this was about 2 yrs ago i guess. He called another time and was hi on dope. What can i do? he's identicle to his father in every way. so sad. my only hope is one day he'll see the lite. and ill be there waiting for his love.

Closed Thread