It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2011, 10:23 AM   #1
(female)

Darcii HB User
Angry and lost

Okay, so I split up with my partner of 10 years 6 months ago after years of him just not growing up and contributing to the relationship financially or otherwise. I have a great career and a wonderful 5 year old and that was enough. The ex and I were in a grey area for that time with all of us doing family stuff and some socializing between us now and again. He helped out when he could and I helped him out with food, etc when he was broke.

So, I have a new job and I am moving to a big city from a small town. A big part of why I am moving is because he is not reliable with the child support and I need to earn more money to support my kid. I have also been very unhappy in the small town and have wanted to move for years but he refused. I am taking our son and have been in the midst of starting a
new job, finding schools and daycare, etc and all through this he has been working away or absenting himself from the decision making etc.

So I find out he has been seeing someone new for the past few weeks. It's hit me like crazy. Yes, I broke up with him and we've been separated for 6 months but we have still done stuff together. Now that's finished. It's also done due to the move but it feels terrible that he has moved on so quickly after months of him saying how desperate he was to have me back, that he was not going to have a relationship for a long time, etc. We've been having huge fights all week and it is consuming at a time when I need to concentrate on packing and moving me and my son.

I don't understand why I am so upset about it. I do not want to get back with him and he makes me so angry with his irresponsibility. He has also been telling everyone that I am taking his son away from him and that he hasn't been involved in any decisions about school etc. But he seems to have kept himself too busy for that...

Thoughts? I'm feeling out of control and wiped at a time when I need ot concentrate on my own new life.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread