It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2011, 11:11 PM   #1
(male)

gasuhe HB User
Unhappy About to get divorce from a cheating wife. What's after that?

Hi all, Please follow the below link for the reason for getting divorce http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=847402

I want to know what would I face after getting divorced. I have to kids that I'm willing to raise myself but don't want "the wife" to get away easily. After all I don't want suffer for her mistakes and let her enjoy her cheating life without an issue. She should know that life is no fairytale!

Last edited by gasuhe; 05-04-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: About to get divorce from a cheating wife. What's after that?

That is a real sticky situation. It's a real shame seeing children are involved as well. Only thing I can possibly suggest is to get a darn good attorney to see if you can get custody and prove her to be an unfit mom.

If for some reason you can't...make sure you stay a positive role model in their lives. Your in for a rough time so be prepared.

Best of wishes...JJ...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2011, 01:27 AM   #3
(female)

anonnymouse HB Useranonnymouse HB User
Re: About to get divorce from a cheating wife. What's after that?

I'm so sorry about your divorce.

As a woman in a similar situation, I can say, you're much, much better served spending your time on taking care of your kids and yourself, than trying to make her suffer.

Nothing can possible make her suffer enough for what she's done, so what's the point? Let it go.

I would not suggest taking them away from their mom totally unless you truly believe she's putting them in danger or is likely to abduct them (even to manipulate you). A very strict supervised visitation agreement would be much better. They need to know their bio mom. I know that hurts but think of all the women who have to let their abusive ex-husbands take the kids for a weekend.

"After all I don't want suffer for her mistakes and let her enjoy her cheating life without an issue."

Too bad. Life is totally unfair and narcissists usually get off easy. The sooner you accept this and focus on your own health and mental well-being, the better. Your mistake (as was mine) was marrying the wrong person. We'll both suffer. My ex has it made: four kids to carry his name, a pittance in child support, two working women suffer the shame of being "single moms" and what is he doing? Sleeping around spreading STDs to even more people. Que sera sera--if I focused on that, I'd never live.

You are a guy with kids. You are relatively young. Get tested for STDs, spend some time in counseling, and move on. You deserve more than a bitter life spent on getting revenge.

Closed Thread