It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #1
(female)

jakes1mom HB Userjakes1mom HB User
When will I know the divorce is finalized?

Got a letter from my attorney stating that my absolute divorce was heading to court the week of may30th. Well, the business week has ended and I haven't heard nothing so far. I really wasn't expecting to hear something this soon anyway, I was just curious as about how long does it take after my divorce is in front of the judge whose signs it. Im quite sure i will get my divorce signed, i dont know why it wouldn't be. If anyone has gotten an absolte divorce in NC, would you please let me know how long it took you to get it. Like I said earlier, Im really not expecting to know something by this weekend either, but when should I expect to hear something. My lawyer seems to be on the ball with things. gets things done, and i like that. He saved me quite a few dollars also. My stbx actually lives in the same town Charlotte Nc, and was able to find him. I was not. I was about to have to file it in the newspaper. But, he got his PI to find him for me, that was awsome. And you know, people who go that extra mile for you means alot. Good people. If someone would share with me their timeframe after the divorce was infront of the judge. All info would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2011, 06:54 AM   #2
(female)

jakes1mom HB Userjakes1mom HB User
Re: When will I know the divorce is finalized?

Should have checked my mailbox, it came this weekend. I am so excited. Actually more so now than when i got married to the creep. Anyways, it's all over now. According to my paperwork in my divorce, my lawyer said my name will be changed back to my maiden name. Which I asked for. What I failed to ask him was. Does this take effect now? Is my name legally changed already or does it take effect when i apply and get my new SScard, and NCDL. My understanding is, that it has been changed already but I need to take care of my paperwork. Please, let me know about your experience with an absolute divorce and name change. Im pretty sure that all i have to do now is just get some paperwork changed to my maiden name. And i will be more than happy to do so.LOL. Good luck to all who are going through these things in your life, and may GOD be with you always.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2011, 04:43 PM   #3
(male)

lostinthesauce HB User

Good for you!

The Following User Says Thank You to lostinthesauce For This Useful Post:
jakes1mom (06-13-2011)
Old 06-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

It should state in the divorce papers that the name is changed. Then you have to go get your driver's license, SS card, etc changed and take the decree with you. They will need to see it....and may need certified copies.

Closed Thread