It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2011, 08:12 AM   #1
(female)

angeleyesinga HB User
Separated-Filing: For kids sake...

I have been married to my current husband for 2 years, together 3. Separated now third time for 3 months. I have 3 children from previous marriage daughter 18 away at college, boys 14 and 10, father tragically past away a year in April. Its been a rough year. My husband is three years younger than me, he has two children of his own ages 8 & 10. Our marital issues are he is very controlling, depressed, moody, and not financially stable. Last episode that lead to his leaving our home was he got physical and lost control. He is seeing a therapist and anger management and taking medication. He has always had a temper and been childish. We have been seeing a marriage counselor since last Oct. She released me and advised him to see a therapist and me to get a divorce or give it allot of healing time, he needed help and refused to do what needed to be done after all this time has not done anything through out the year. She was just as frustrated with him and gave him as many chances as I have. The hard part in all of this is he is a good man and means well, works hard takes care of his family but would rather spend time with me than his own children, with me 24-7. I cant breath around him. I enjoy my own time with my children or just time alone for my own sanity. With him being out of the house it has felt like vacation for me and the kids, they have been to counseling for the past year and recently expressed how less stressed they are and were ok with my husband not being there. That makes me feel bad cause I do care for my husband but don't know how to move forward with this to make everyone happy including myself. I mean how many chances do you give someone? I know I deserve better and so do my children. I guess I just don't want to be that person divorced again... Starting over again... But I do miss dating and feeling loved and wanted, not controlled or pressured. Its like no matter which way I turn someone gets hurt and the path looks long and rough.

Thanks for listening,

Tricia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread