It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2011, 11:06 PM   #1
(male)

texan16 HB User
Watching my parents...

My parents have lived apart but often in the same home as long as I can remember but I always felt their behavior was normal until I saw other families and somewhat stable couple relationships over the years. My parents never kissed or slept in the same bed, etc. A series of more dysfunctional events and now they are officially separated and I can tell it has very positive and negative effects. They decided to separate after my brother (who is in high school) turned to drugs and alcohol to deal with the pain of my dad being around. My dad never showed affection with us as kids.

It is very difficult now to see my parents like this. Anyone have thoughts on how to cope? It's a recent development and I feel very hurt for a few reasons. One of which is my brother does not speak to me because he feels that our dad was more generous to me and feels neglected.

The following user gives a hug of support to texan16:
belle005059 (11-16-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2011, 03:08 AM   #2
(female)

belle005059 HB Userbelle005059 HB User
Smile Re: Watching my parents...

Hi there Texan16 ..

I feel really sorry that you and your brother aren't speaking at a crucial time when you both really need each other..

You've both gone thru a lot of stress, altho it sounds like you're being the grown up one..

Is there anyone in your family ..

( like an Aunty/Uncle or a cousin.. someone just to bounce your feelings off ..)

you might get a bit of an understanding of your Mum & Dad from other members.. ??

or someone like a counsellor at school ( if your'e still there??) ..

You need to share it,
it's most important you don't carry it all on your shoulders ..

and try to see if your brother will open up to you..

Let him know YOU NEED him as well..Your'e BOTH hurting ..

and being a guy thinks Drugs and Alcohol are the answer ..

Well it's not.!!!...

Get him, Find him / some Counselling / A Mentor/ ANYONE who he can be honest with .. that he can trust & will break his silence...

He's built up a wall of protection ... I hope you can break thru it.? .

My Sincere thoughts to you BOTH...

I will be thinking of you All.

With Kind thoughts belle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread