It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
(female)

tifa07 HB User
Please all advice welcome

I feel like im stuck between a rock and a hard place...

My mum and dad have been married for 25years now as im the youngest child of 23 i have recently left home with my fella. My sister lives further away and is busy with her own family, and my brother is a bit of a bum.

My mum has announced to all of us that she is leaving my dad, saying that she don't love him anymore and she just wants to live her own life and be on her own. My dad is devastated and still loves her and that last thing he wants is for her to leave. My dad has always had issues that he's never talked about and he's always been a bit of a introvert, he don't like hanging out with other people and like to go walking in the peak district for weeks at a time. He also has a temper and even tho would never hurt anyone he would create a hostile environment for my mum. All these things are why she wants to leave and if it was my best friend id tell her to dump him if she's not happy, but its my dad. He keeps ringing me crying saying he's cant let her leave. He also txts me all the time saying he needs my help but there is nothing i can do. He thinks i'm taking sides because i wont help him. But i'm also worried for his well being because he's always been on the verge of a nervous break down, I don't know how he'l cope without her and think he will do something sill like overdose or gas himself in the garage......

....i dont dont know what to do or say....should i guilt my mum to give him a chance even tho i know she wouldn't be happy, or just let her destroy my dad....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Agenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB User
Re: Please all advice welcome

Your parents are adults. You have to let them make their own decisions about their relationship. Your father is putting too much on your shoulders, you cannot persuade your mother to stay just to keep him happy. She is entitled to make her own decisions, all her children are grown up and gone she has fulfilled her responsibilities as a mother, let her lead her own life now.

Closed Thread