It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
(male)

theycallmefranc HB User
Really bad situation

Well 6 months ago, I would have never thought I'd be making this thread. Had a good job, a house, a beautiful wife and 2 gorgeous children.

The wife and I were together for 7 years and we had a relationship that was kind of fighting/*******. Often there was no middle ground. But we travelled Europe, ate well and generally lived well. The house was an inheritance from my grandfather, and we did a ton of work on it. We lived fairly comfortably.

She is from a small town. Like a gas station and a bar. Thats it. Her father (82) owns a dealership in the area and last year offered us ownership of it. Things didn't work out between myself and him and we came home. So there we were, no jobs and probably drinking way too much. Well I finally got my old job back and she was visiting her mother with the kids in the weekends. Her mother has dimensia. Well the weekend comes before the first day of school comes and she calls to tell me that she registered my son in school out there and she wasnt coming back.

At first I agreed that things werent working out, and maybe this was a good thing. I drove hours every other weekend to see my kids, sometimes they would come to the house for a few days.

It sucked, but nothing could compare to how much it sucked when the shop I worked for announced they were leaving our location once the lease was up. They offered me a position at another location an hour further away from my family. Thats 3 1/2 hours now

I couldnt accept and chose to start a careerbuilder resume posting frenzy. Guess where I found work? Yup. The closest city to my family. I spoke to the wife and she thought it wass actually good to be closer to the kids and her mom's neighbor had an apartment for rent.

What a mistake. Since I have been out here, she has introduced my kids to at least 6 guys who spend nights at my mother in laws. She leaves the kids with my mother in law all night to go out and party. That woman has a mental illness and is not fit to take care of a 2 and 6 year old. I've seen enough, she hasnt lifted a finger to help with the house. And I cant afford to pay rent and the bills for the house... So I have decided to go home. Hell, she hasnt even moved her stuff out yet.

Now she is claiming that I haveto buy her out of her half of the house, its in mine and my mothers name? It was the house my mother grew up in. No legal action has been taken but she is making a lot of wild demands. I know I have to see a lawyer, but just looking for a little free advice. I dont even know if her taking the kids away like that was even legal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread