It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2012, 10:21 PM   #1
(female)

Confusion32 HB User
Struggling

Hello,
I am a 32 yo woman married to a 31 yo man who is going through what his therapist calls an early midlife crisis. We have 3 children all under the age of 5 and he moved out 2 weeks ago. I have been looking up information on midlife crisis and my husband does act like a man going through a crisis. Its just hard to relate to what it says on most sites though because the advice is geared toward people much older than us. I am praying constantly, begging God to intervene, trying to strengthen my character and correct things about me that need work. I am trying my best to be strong and be faithful to God and trust that he will help see me through this, but I feel like I'm going to explode. I cycle between anger, hate, tears, frustration, love, insecurity so rapidly I feel like my head is about to fall off. I feel like the princess on Tangled when she got out of the tower for the first time and she went for sheer delight to worry and talking to herself all within the span on like 2 minutes. I have a history of depression and I am in therapy. Not on medication currently. I actually don't feel that depressed, more sad and confused. All my therapist can say about my situation is that it must be really hard and I'm thinking, well duh. Yes it is really hard to have your husband walk out on you!!! I guess I'm just hoping someone out there can tell me that their husband also went through an early midlife crisis and now they are living happily ever after. I know there is nothing I can do to change him. I just don't understand how he could do this to me and to our kids. what is wrong with men these days? Doesn't anyone respect the vows they make anymore?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Struggling

instead of looking up info on mid-life crisis's, please re-direct your energies into looking into a good lawyer. You need to protect yourself, your rights, and your best interests (and those of your children)

Closed Thread