It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
(female)

Leegh HB UserLeegh HB UserLeegh HB UserLeegh HB User
Apartment reminds me of ex. Should I move?

In a nutshell, the apartment I live in reminds me of happier times with an ex. He and I are no longer together, (no contact), yet I still think about him a lot, and this apartment reminds me of him. Has anyone been in a similar situation and gotten over their ex sooner by moving, or did moving not make any difference? I'm tired of these "stale memories", but, on the other hand, I'm sure I'll still think of him in my new place if I move. I truly can't decide what to do! Thanks for any input!

Old 10-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
(female)

Jilly Jill HB User
Re: Apartment reminds me of ex. Should I move?

You may have moved already but here's my thoughts, since I've been through the same thing. I had a great condo at the time that my ex left and the rent was affordable, so I decided not to move for cost reasons. What I did was have my sister and a friend come over and they helped me reorganize and decorate my place so it was more " mine" than "ours". It made a huge difference. I didn't have to spend much either. The only things I purchased were a new comforter and some plants for decoration. Everything else we got creative with by using things I had in closets and storage areas in the condo. Hope things have gotten better for you!

Last edited by Jilly Jill; 10-23-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2012, 12:47 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Apartment reminds me of ex. Should I move?

That is a great idea! What would be worse than actually moving to a place that now only still reminded you of him, but was more expensive or worse in other ways? I like the idea of having some friends help you with it, because you would likely put things right where they were before.

I think it is always a good idea to change things around. paint a wall or something neat.

Closed Thread