It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
(male)

sixxswine HB User
heartache and betrayal

I was curious if any of you have gone through a divorce and how long it takes to get over the heartache and betrayal? I've found myself being resentful and angry recenty. She didn't mess around she did 'string me along' for a while. I didn't think she could be so cruel. I thought I knew her?! Apparently I did not. She dropped the news in July and it barely tolerable. She has my two minor children who are 12 & 14.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:34 AM   #2
(female)

maylilac HB User
Re: heartache and betrayal

Losing your marriage, the relationship you thought you had, the future you thought you had causes unbelievable grief and pain. I'm so sorry you're going this this. I hate to tell you that it can takes YEARS to get over it. It'll be 2 years in May since my life blew up and it's still there. But, it's nothing like it was. There are days I am still sad. There are things that still make me angry. I really had a hard time over the holidays. But, I can promise you is does get easier.
The only advice I can give you is to allow yourself to have your feelings. Counseling does help. For the sake of your children though, be very careful not to be critical of their mother. I was told that "as long as you treat your ex with respect around the kids, the kids will be fine and your relationship with them will be fine", and it was so true. I never stooped to the level my ex did. I'm not saying that it didn't take a long time for my kids to recover, but my relationship with them is strong. In the long run they haven't forgiven their dad for how he talked to them about me after the divorce.
Take care......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
Re: heartache and betrayal

hi, you will find relief from your heartache when you are in the arms of another woman. Pure and simple, it's what worked for me.

Closed Thread