It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
(male)

pr1234 HB User
Not sure what to do

Hello. My wife of 17 years wants a divorce because she's not happy. She doesn't want to talk about it or go to counseling. She's made arrangements to leave in January and tell the kids (13 and 11). After some persuasion I got her to not divorce me right away and to take some time to think about it. Here's a little more background on our marriage. In 2010 she had a mental break down and was in the hospital for a month. She thinks it was because of me but I think it was due to her being addicted to some sleeping pills which when she tried to stop using them she had the shakes and wasn't able to sleep for days (I took the kids to my mom and didn't let them see her like that). She was at a mental hospital for about one month and she got out because her sister is a psych tech and told her what to say during the hearing (she was diagnose with a bipolar disorder). After she got home she was still acting very strange, and was very angry with me to the point she had an affair with a co-worker (the only thing I did was to tell her to get home since her dad was visiting and I didn't like him. the reason I don't like her dad is that he left his mom by herself with Alzheimer's until my wife went to visit her and found her without food). She was going to divorce me then too but she decided that it was her and not me. Finally, she got her meds together and was acting better but she's never been the same as before. Lately, she been on a kick to loose weight although she is only 140 lbs and 5'6" (she use to have a problem with anorexia). I think her body again is not balanced and that may the problem but maybe not.

I know that I'm also to blame for her unhappiness (we argue about money since she has no sense when she manic she spend like there's no end to it and she doesn't work ) but I'm willing to work hard to get my family back together. I really love her and my kids and want to keep our marriage. Am I thinking correctly? Or should I move on and forget her?

Last edited by pr1234; 11-28-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread