It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #1
(female)

vabeamergirl HB User
Divorce Process is Making me Nuts

I'm 37 and left my soon-to-be ex husband almost 3 years ago. Well it will be 3 years in about a 6 weeks. We have a separation agreement, we've been to court numerous times. My ex had a baby while we were separated and has moved in GF #2 last year.

The court made their determination on custody. That was November 10th, supposedly we have a no contest Divorce. My ex's lawyer asked to hold the final decree until a child support determination could be made. The judge agreed, this was ludicrist to me. The child support and the divorce have nothing to do with each other. The judge set the child support date for Dec 10th, that day came, ex's lawyer didn't want to hear any supporting evidence on child support and refused to work with my lawyer. The judge then said they had until Dec 17th, to the paperwork fixed, agreed on and into his office.

The ex's lawyer wrote the final decree, again I was floored, why the judge who made the decision's secretary didn't write this out. She wrote derogeratory comments in the decree that were not founded in court and refused to take them out. She also wrote the visitation incorrect, the children's names and DOB and the Child support that wasn't paid was incorrect. Instead of fixing these things, she submitted the incorrect decree to the judge without mine or my lawyer's approval. What?

My lawyer had to call the judge to make sure he didn't sign the agreement that we didn't agree to, then he had to draft a competing agreement. This is now Jan 3rd and still the judge has not made a determination on which agreement he is going to sign or if we need to have another court date.

I am so frustrated that's it's beyond words. There is no reason for the judge to hold the decree for a child support determination, when he had made the custody decision in november. The judge seems to side with my ex's lawyer.

I just wonder if our justice or should I say injustice system is going to ever let me be rid of this man. The judge should have severed our marriage on the fact that he had another child while still legally married to me, even if we were separated.

I want to re-marry and move on with my life. It seems my ex doesn't want to divorce me in reality because his lawyer is playing these games. How can I make this judge do his job? Everything I have read said the judges can legally take all the time they want, this is insanity. These judges need a reality check and a way to be held accountable for stalling these processes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #2
(female)

MissAnnaAmy HB User
Re: Divorce Process is Making me Nuts

unfortunately , this is the way it works.....
im sorry for what youre going thru

but ikn many many cases the right thing is never sdone and the lawyers play games for various reasons......

system sucks...

Closed Thread