It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
(female)

LittleLost HB User
New and in need of advice!

I'm currently married to my husband for almost two years and we've been together for 3. I've known that this marriage will end since about August last year but I don't really know how to talk to him about my feelings and doubts. He loves me with all his heart but there are things that I just can't take anymore. Things that have driven me to do things I didn't think possible.

I would love for someone to talk to and explain better but I'm not sure where to begin.

Old 06-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
(female)

LittleLost HB User
Re: New and in need of advice!

We don't have children together so thankfully there are no custody issues. Although he isn't ready to accept the way things have gotten I do think we will be able to handle things out of court. We don't have a house or anything and since I don't drive I don't mind him keeping the car.

He has asked me to go to counseling and I said I would. Not in the hopes of fixing our marriage so much as hoping he will understand we need to end things.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
Re: New and in need of advice!

Hi, why does he want you to go to counseling? Does he think the marriage is falling apart because of you?. One would think couples counseling would be more effective because you are both in the game. Is he in so much denial that he can not see how your marriage has been on the skids? Sorry for all the questions but I do not understand how for the last 10 months he could not grasp the reality that you were slipping away.If you do not want to be direct with him then suggest a separation for awhile and then later on you could file for an uncontested divorce and all he has to do is sign, I understand you do not want to hurt him but this steady drip drip drip of bad feelings is hurting him more and in the long run it is just better to just rip the band aid off so to speak once and for all. He is probably more resilient than you think and will get along fine......

Reply Reply