It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2004, 01:06 PM   #1

clhutch HB User
Vertigo and Pulsatile Tinnitus - Is there a connection?

I have had pulsatile tinnitus (on one side) for the last 3 or 4 years. Have had every conceivable test and no one can definitively diagnose it. My GP thinks it is due to a Eustachian tube dysfunction as a result of chronic allergies. I recently developed a type of vertigo described in Mal de Debarquement Syndrome, where I feel like I'm on an elevator or a rocking boat. It is not the type of dizziness that makes you nauseous, it is just very irritating. I don't have it for a couple of hours in the morning, then it starts, and comes and goes throughout the day. It started after an out of town trip where I took the elevator several times a day. Curiously, that is just exactly what it feels like, like I just stepped off the elevator. I'm wondering now whether the two things are related, and if they are caused by an inner ear malfunction. How in the world does one get a diagnosis when the ENT doctor came up with nothing? Does anyone out there have both of these symptoms?

Old 09-05-2004, 07:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lib HB Userlib HB User
Re: Vertigo and Pulsatile Tinnitus - Is there a connection?

and p.t. can be related to the muscles in the middle ear as i learn more down my horrific road....look up tensor tympani syndrome....no ents know about this
or myoclonus only the experts think out of the box and they are hard to find.
will know more after the 15th! lib

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2004, 08:53 AM   #3

petpeeve HB User
Re: Vertigo and Pulsatile Tinnitus - Is there a connection?

Hi Lib: How are you doing after surgery? Have you had any improvement in your PET symptoms like ear fullness and autophony? You said the pain was worse than you expected-- did you have an ear ache after surgery or was it mostly the throat area? Still hoping for the best for you. PP

Closed Thread