It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2004, 05:24 AM   #1
(male)

Katkin HB User
Exercises For Vertigo

When I last went to the hospital to see the ENT they gave me a leaflet with Vertigo Exercises on. I thought I would post it here in the hope that it may help some of us!

Ok....

"These exercises are meant to reduce the amount that vertigo affects you.
They can be done every day.

At first you may find they make you feel dizzy, but as you continue to do them they should help you with your symptoms.

EYE EXERCISES

Look up and down 20 times. Start slowly at first then speed up.

Look from one side to the other 20 times. Start slowly at first and then speed up.

Hold one finger up at arms length and focus on it. Move it slowly in towards you and out again 20 times.

HEAD EXERCISES

With your eyes open, bend your head forwards then backwards 20 times.
Start slowly at first and then speed up.

With your eyes open, turn your head from side to side 20 times. Start slowly at first and then speed up.

AS THE DIZZINESS IMPROVES THESE EXERCISES SHOULD BE DONE WITH YOUR EYES CLOSED.

SITTING

Shrug your shoulders 20 times.

Turn your shoulders to the right and to the left 20 times.

From the sitting position, bend down and pick up objects from the floor and sit back up again 20 times.

STANDING

Move from sitting, to standing up, and back again with your eyes open.
Repeat with eyes closed.
Throw a ball from one hand to the other above eye level.

MOVING ABOUT

Walk across the room with your eyes open 20 times. Repeat with your eyes closed.

Walk up and down steps 20 times with your eyes open. Repeat with your eyes closed.

REMEMBER

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT IT IS SAFE TO DO THESE EXERCISES AND THAT THERE IS NOTHING THAT MIGHT GET IN THE WAY.

YOU MAY FIND IT HELPFUL TO HAVE ANOTHER PERSON WITH YOU.

Any game or exercise that involves stooping or turning is good for improving your balance."

There! Really hope it helps!!!

Katkin x x x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread