It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2005, 02:25 PM   #1
(female)

vertigomom HB User
Question Ear pain, headache, vertigo....help me!

July 19, 2004 I sat at my first Real Estate closing transaction feeling like the room was moving around me. I started feeling nauseated and felt so badly that I had to leave without finishing the transaction. Since that day I have had headaches that last all day, major problems with vertigo, humming occasionally in my ears, and neck and sholder pain. I have gone to the Dr. and she has put me on antibiotics for the last 20 days for sinus related issues, as well as a decongestant. I feel so devastated that I do not feel better! I am a very active mom and I feel horrible that I am not doing the things I love most because I am afraid I am going to get dizzy or off balance. I have had a CAT scan of the head and sinuses and everything checked out good. Is there anyone in the world who has experienced anything like this? I would love to hear from you if you have....I am feeling a bit down because this has lasted for six months now. Thank you for your time.

Old 01-25-2005, 04:57 PM   #2
(female)

jenntruxton HB User
Re: Ear pain, headache, vertigo....help me!

have you gone to a neuro for checking out migraines??? i have alot of the same symptoms as you do and for years i thought i was sinus..but its not.

sounds to me like something migraine or migraine like may be going on xo jenn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2005, 06:27 PM   #3
(female)

vertigomom HB User

Thank you for your response. I feel better knowing that there is somebody else in this world that knows how I feel. My next Dr. appt. is next Tuesday...hopefully I can get this taken care of.

Old 01-25-2005, 07:26 PM   #4
(female)

jenntruxton HB User

you are welcome. i have had ear vertigo before but thats when i had an official cold.

but migraine vertigo sucks too. do you notice at all your symptoms get worse around your period or if you dont sleep much? xo jenn

Old 01-26-2005, 04:12 AM   #5
(female)

vertigomom HB User

Yes. Also if I am in a hurry to get somewhere, if I turn my head the wrong way or too fast, I am immediately feeling the vertigo kick in. Also, if it is really bright outside, I have to wear sunglasses or else I can't stand to see anything.

Old 01-27-2005, 09:40 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

ahall HB User

Hi Vertigo Mom,

I had a very similar experience. I was watching tv with my 4 month old when out of the blue, the entire room starting spinning. I was terrified to move. Luckily the phone was beside me, I called my MOL to watch the baby, but to lay down was worse. The following day, the extreme dizziness was gone, but I felt terribly unbalanced. I went to the doctor who said I had no congestion, no synus problems and everything looked fine. The horrible dizziness stuck again, and again over the next 2 months. Finally I went for a 2nd opinion and the doctor told me she immediately suspected an inflammation of the inner ear. She put me on a Medrol dosepack and within 5 days all symptoms were gone. I asked her why the symptoms lasted 2 months, would the inflammation not heal itself. She told me as long as its untreated, they symptoms will stay. Im so furious at that first doctor, those were 2 months of hell, and like you, I was terrified driving, leaving the house, etc. Best of luck to you.

Closed Thread