It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2005, 04:21 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

jbbrocky HB User
Question Any Suggestions For Dizziness/vertigo

Been Suffering From Dizziness And Vertigo For About 7 Months Now. Had All The Tests Done And Everything Came Out Fine. Wondering If There Are Any Herbs Or Other Suggestions That Can Help Contain The Dizziness.

Any Suggestions Would Be Greatly Appreciated

Old 06-09-2005, 09:23 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

TheHappyMan HB UserTheHappyMan HB User
Re: Any Suggestions For Dizziness/vertigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbrocky
Been Suffering From Dizziness And Vertigo For About 7 Months Now. Had All The Tests Done And Everything Came Out Fine. Wondering If There Are Any Herbs Or Other Suggestions That Can Help Contain The Dizziness.

Heyjbbrocky - Are you taking medication(s) currently ??????

Last edited by TheHappyMan; 06-09-2005 at 09:24 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2005, 04:25 AM   #3
Inactive

peregrine HB User

[SIZE=4]
Quote:

I have the same problem. In the past it has been related to a neck problem and I would also have a stiff neck and the vertigo would increase when I turned my head left, but this is different - no neck pain and the vertigo increases when I lay down, turn my head right and, especially, if I bend over. I finally resorted to Antivert as they said it may be related to a middle ear infection. You have to take it 3X a day until the dizziness abates from any possible infection, which, they said, may be a week or so. Mine has gotten better but not gone completely yet. Tomorrow will be the 7th day on it. Normally, I wouldn't take Western meds but I literally couldn't function with the dizziness.

Last edited by peregrine; 06-10-2005 at 04:30 AM.

Old 06-10-2005, 05:59 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

TheHappyMan HB UserTheHappyMan HB User

Middle ear infection makes a lot of sense...... how about really low blood sugar ????? or the side effects of various medications ??????

Old 06-11-2005, 10:53 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

jbbrocky HB User

thanks for the input everyone, i think it is migraine associated vertigo. i heard that ginko helps but i was looking for some more suggestions

thanks

Old 06-16-2005, 07:05 PM   #6
(female)

capri HB User
Wink Re: Any Suggestions For Dizziness/vertigo

It's good (sorry to say)to see other people with the dizzies I live in WV, my neuro is an idiot and says that my migraines and my extreme dizziness and balance problems do not fit together.

Last edited by capri; 06-16-2005 at 07:06 PM.

Old 06-17-2005, 01:38 AM   #7
Inactive

peregrine HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri
It's good (sorry to say)to see other people with the dizzies I live in WV, my neuro is an idiot and says that my migraines and my extreme dizziness and balance problems do not fit together.
Another example of doctor's not listening to their patients, which only creates more frustration and, probably, an exacerbation of symptoms.

Old 06-22-2005, 05:05 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

firechick HB User

Sounds like inner ear issues...have you logged onto the inner ear board on this site? I think you will find a ton of information about dizziness, balance, brain-fog etc and what you can do about it.
Peregrine: If head movement creates a true vertigo, there is something that can be done. THat condition is called Benign Paroximal Positional Vertigo (BPPV) and there is a maneuver you can do to put your inner ear right, (there are little rocks that are in the inner ear that go out of place, this maneuver put them back)
And yes, Migraine and dizziness do go together as Jbbrocky said, with Migraine Associated Vertigo.
Ginko helps with tinnitis...
Again, the inner ear board has a ton of info on this stuff
Good luck!

Old 07-17-2005, 04:22 PM   #9
(female)

purrrrdygirl HB User

Quote:

http://home.intekom.com/pharm/searle/drammine.html. this is just suggestion,not a alternitve remedy or anything i don't think, but i have vertigo (inner ear desterbance) and that is what i take to help...... hope this help's .dizziness is no way to live

Last edited by purrrrdygirl; 07-18-2005 at 06:04 PM.

Closed Thread