It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2005, 04:26 PM   #1
(male)

OneWorld HB User
Barametric pressure-Vertigo-Vestibular Damage

There is a lot of great information on the boards. Thanks to all. A few years ago I had a ENG/hearing test/MRI. MRI & hearing test were normal. ENG however showed that I had 80% reduction to the vetibular nerve in left ear. Doctor said that the damage was most likley to have been caused by CHicken Poxs when I was 25 (BAD CASE). I have been doing really well beceause I have learned what it is when I start to get dizzy and sick feeling in my stomach. My problem that I cant get grips on is that whenever I am driving and get to where I'm going and exit the car my ears ring and it sounds like water rushing threw my head. I get verry dizzy and sometimes need to hold on to something. It takes about 30 seconds to go away and then I'm ok. Is it the Barametric pressure in the air? Sometimes I can be sitting in on my sofa talking to the wife and the same feeling comes over me and I have almost fallen over. A few times I have had that feeling of rush and anxiety. What is this? Meniere's? or something else? Any opinons would be great. Thanks.

Old 07-06-2005, 08:31 AM   #2
(female)

ASLme HB User
Re: Barametric pressure-Vertigo-Vestibular Damage

Hi Oneworld
I don't know if it is Barometric Pressure as much as possibly adrenaline rushes...I used to get these a lot too and I think several people on the boards have mentioned similar. It is probably quite common with inner ear although I don't think anybody can tell you why. Maybe just your body trying to deal with all the bizarre signals it is getting from your messed up ear.
I do believe, however, that Barometric Pressure can have real effects on migraine including vestibular migraine...for me I always feel awful whenever a low pressure front comes through...like now for example...
take it easy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread