It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2006, 01:48 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

boxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB User
Question Migraine and vertigo Connection?

Hi Everyone, I am interested in getting some information and feed back on Vertigo and Migraines. I suffer daily from headaches and vertigo, which has been going on for years and I am wondering if there is a connection between the two. My headaches are anywhere from pressure or fullness,tightness around head,vision jumpy jittery eyes heavy head feeling to a throbbing head, pain and pressure behind the eyes can't think straight headache. I also have a floating feeling in my head,as if my head is not attached to my shoulders and a constant motion sensation, swaying/falling vertigo. I notice if I lay down these symptoms subside a bit, and the only relief I find is sleeping , other than that these symptoms follow me throughout the day. I have been researching inner ear disorder as well, but alot of my symptoms seem to point more towards Migraine Associated Vertigo. I guess my main questions are is it possible to suffer from mirgraines everyday and if vertigo is present does it seem to be more of a floating/swaying sensation rather then a spinning or is there both? How can you tell if your headache is causing the vertigo or the vertigo is causing the headache? I know vertigo has a very
broad amount of illnesses attached to it, But I have been suffing for years and I really think there is a connection between the two. I would greatly appreciate anyone who may have information, or personal experience in this subject. Thank You in advance! Boxerlover

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2006, 08:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

boxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB User
Re: Migraine and vertigo Connection?

Anyone???

Old 07-30-2006, 09:23 AM   #3
(female)

Stitcher317 HB User

I good place for you to get information on Migraine Aggravated Vertigo - MAV is on the "Inner Ear Board" There is a TON of information from various members that suffer from this disorder. You'll be able to sort through the information and learn about the various treatments available.

Take time and do a "search" for MAV on this board. People in the "know" have been allowed to post sites you can go to for information.

I wish you success and hope you are feeling better soon.

Linda

Old 07-30-2006, 09:48 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank You so much stitcher317 and I wish you the same!

Old 07-31-2006, 02:34 PM   #5
(female)

cuckoobirdy HB User

I have gotten vertigo with my migraine many times - usually towards the end - but hasn't been consistent. Interesting mention of the inner ear - last week when I had a migraine with vertigo my ear felt clogged and I could hear a low pitched hum. It finally subsided, thank goodness!

Good luck,
Rachel

Closed Thread