It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2007, 07:38 AM   #1
(male)

WALLEYE HB User
Wink What do you take for Vertigo

how is your vertigo treated?
does it make you feel like a zombie?
the wifes meds meclizine and now 2 mg valium 2x a day
between the 2 shes in lala land(zombie) or always falling asleep. she still tries to work it did not work last night. i would have prefered she no try working.
she waiting for a call back from doctor again cause she does not want to take 2 mg valium 2 x a day it knocks her on her @#$. so hopefully there is something else, doubtfull nurse was saying this is how they treat vertigo. they originally want 10 mg valium holy @#$% that would nock me out. well if this fails i guess its time to get a note from docter for some kind of leave from work.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine149 HB User
Re: What do you take for Vertigo

It's difficult to answer because I'm not sure if what your wife has is dizziness (feeling off-kilter, nausous etc.) or if she's having a severe bout of vertigo (room spins, vomiting, sweating etc.) If it's the latter, a course of steroids might knock it out, if has for me. If it's the former, then what she's doing is how it's treated. She might want to just try meclazine without the valium to see if this makes her less drowsy. I've had both dizziness and vertigo and they both suck. I feel for your wife and hopes it clears up very soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2007, 08:25 AM   #3
(male)

WALLEYE HB User

Its vertigo according to docter.(everthing spins)

Old 07-12-2007, 08:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bearygood HB UserBearygood HB User

Walleye, I had it years ago but nothing I took helped. Unfortunately, I've read about plenty of people who had it since then who also didn't have much luck with medication and had to just ride it out. I hope your wife finds something that works. Please let us know! Hope she feels better soon.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:00 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

anxiousme HB Useranxiousme HB Useranxiousme HB User

Unfortunately, nothing I took helped me out. Just time. I didn't try steriods like a previous poster suggested. You may ask her doctors to start a round of that. Also, if possible, your wife should just rest and not work. Taking the best care of her body might shorten the episode.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:08 AM   #6
(male)

WALLEYE HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxiousme View Post
Unfortunately, nothing I took helped me out. Just time. I didn't try steriods like a previous poster suggested. You may ask her doctors to start a round of that. Also, if possible, your wife should just rest and not work. Taking the best care of her body might shorten the episode.
Yes i agree 100 percent, but she is stubborn.
i wish shed just take time off and not worry let me take care of the nitty gritty.

Closed Thread