It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2007, 06:39 PM   #1
(female)

beanerz777 HB User
situational vertigo

HI, I've noticed that everytime I go on an airplane I have vertigo for at least a month or so. Last weekend we went on a boat on a lake and sure enough I have it again. I feel like I could fall over at any minute. I am not sick and otherwise extremely healthy. Pretty sure it's not an ear infection because it happens every single time I fly. Just wondering if there's anything I can do to rid myself of it instead of just waiting it out. Thanks!! ;0)

Old 07-19-2007, 09:58 AM   #2
(female)

redsands HB User
Re: situational vertigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanerz777 View Post
HI, I've noticed that everytime I go on an airplane I have vertigo for at least a month or so. Last weekend we went on a boat on a lake and sure enough I have it again. I feel like I could fall over at any minute. I am not sick and otherwise extremely healthy. Pretty sure it's not an ear infection because it happens every single time I fly. Just wondering if there's anything I can do to rid myself of it instead of just waiting it out. Thanks!! ;0)
hI sO GLAD you posted- I belive( but my Ent, and my husband dr.- don't agree- that this happens to me after i am back from an airplane flight- and especailly if I have taken a about 5 flights within 4 wks of each other.
this doesn't occur during the late fall and winter months. Did yours start right after the plane ride- my Dr. says there is no connection otherwise it would start within 2 days. Go to someone who knows the Eply movement- a top notch Dr- or an Oto Neurologist- I just had an mri today- had all the eng and vestibular tests- normal- so now I guess they are looking for a brain tumor or god knows what else- can't wait for the results at the end of the day. then of course they say- anxiety- well may be - but how come I don't get this in the winter months- we don't fly then.
Do you have allergies? If you reply back to me- I will tell you what I do to help things when I fly- there are some tricks.
Best
redsands

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2007, 12:05 PM   #3
(female)

beanerz777 HB User

Hi, thanks for writing. I do not have any allergies. I don't really travel in the winter months so I don't know if it's a season thing. I am at a high altitude (Denver) so usually we go on a trip and as soon as I come home I feel like the house is moving and it lasts between 3-4 weeks. Everyone says "oh you must have an ear infection" but it only happens when I fly. Then last week we went out on our neighbors boat on a lake and I have that same feeling. I feel as though I've had a couple too many. Someone told me to take a claratin before I fly so I might try that. I feel so spacey and definitley don't want to drive. Anything you could post to help this I would so appreciate. This is just driving me nuts!! Thanks again!! Ps I sure hope you don't have a brain tumor! I will say a prayer for you (if you don't mind) that your tests come back with good news! Thanks again, and please keep up posted.

Old 07-19-2007, 02:45 PM   #4
(female)

redsands HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanerz777 View Post
Hi, thanks for writing. I do not have any allergies. I don't really travel in the winter months so I don't know if it's a season thing. I am at a high altitude (Denver) so usually we go on a trip and as soon as I come home I feel like the house is moving and it lasts between 3-4 weeks. Everyone says "oh you must have an ear infection" but it only happens when I fly. Then last week we went out on our neighbors boat on a lake and I have that same feeling. I feel as though I've had a couple too many. Someone told me to take a claratin before I fly so I might try that. I feel so spacey and definitley don't want to drive. Anything you could post to help this I would so appreciate. This is just driving me nuts!! Thanks again!! Ps I sure hope you don't have a brain tumor! I will say a prayer for you (if you don't mind) that your tests come back with good news! Thanks again, and please keep up posted.
Lucky me- all is fine on the mri- I see the Dr. on Monday- hope he doesn't need to run anything else- I still think it is allergy related, and the trauma of flying on my ears- try those vrt exercises or hook up w/ a therapist- believe me it has helped. When I fly ( which I dred)- I take a sudafed 30min before up and 30 mins while descending- and 2 times spritz nose w/ Afrin Spray. But I still seem to get this syndrome- it is slowly getting better. Also a quarter of an ativan helped me on my last drive in a car. Try to avoid boats till you feel steadier. If I were you I would at least see a top notch /dr. who I think would recommend some vestibular exdercises- and also check your vestibular system- mine are ok- but I still have some problem- better to know what you are dealing with- right now - I am not sure- and maybe I have to be my own Dr. - if they eliminate what they have w/ me- but I have tapped many parts of the equation- now of course they always say it is anxiety- well you know what _I have big time anxiety all the time( have a very sick daughter- so how come I don't get this all year- or in the winter????

Old 07-19-2007, 03:21 PM   #5
(male)

tugguy HB User

I had a similar situation and cured it with a acupunturist. Give it a try, nothing to loose
Good luck

Old 07-20-2007, 05:18 AM   #6
(female)

redsands HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugguy View Post
I had a similar situation and cured it with a acupunturist. Give it a try, nothing to loose
Good luck
HI Tuggy
Thanks for the heads up on acupunturist- I was curious- what was your diagnosis? It will be interesting to see what the ent dr. says after he sees my normal MRI ( I still feel anxiuos that is going to hit again)- but I am moving on. Hate to get into a little ativan though I did take it when i took an hour ride- and I was ok- when I say dose- I took the most minimal- ( 5mg is the usual dose- I broke it in half and broke it in half again so equal to 1 and a quarter mg- My dr. husband said- that is like placebo- like a nothing dose- I don't know. I will try an accupunturist- the trick is to find someone good.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:29 PM   #7
(female)

beanerz777 HB User

ya me too. I will try the acupunturist. Never been to one before. I wonder if IC cover them?? I will wait it out and give it a couple more weeks. I know it will go away in a couple weeks so next time that I fly I will schedule an appt. right away. Day 6 and still a wobblin!!! :0)

Closed Thread