It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2008, 02:02 PM   #1
(female)

popstarrdiva HB User
Exclamation Has anyone ever had Vertigo/Tinnitus/Numbness at the same time???

Hi All,
I am relatively new here. I am in my late 20's undiagnosed. I started with ON 16 years ago as a kid and have had Vertigo/Numbness/RSD/Mono/Migraines since then. Originally investigated and thought to have complicated migraines 5 years ago.Got RSD 10 months ago and now have had Vertigo/Tinnitus getting worse for about 5 weeks. Saw an ENT on Thursday who does not suspect inner ear and now waiting for new MRI and Neurologist appointment. My face had felt a bit weird for the last couple days.Today noticed my right side is number...
Previous MRI's have shown normal. Told of a few small lesions that was probably migraine damage....
Any thoughts?? Or any similar experiences??
All answers are greatly appreciated as I am getting freaked out....
Thanks

Old 11-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Has anyone ever had Vertigo/Tinnitus/Numbness at the same time???

sorry to hear you are going thru all this PopStar.....its good that you are getting to see a neuro and have an MRi- things can change rather quickly with lesions...and yes, lesions can cause damage and appear from migranes, however they can also be attacks on the myelin sheath, from MS.

Your not going to know much until you have another MRI and see what is going on...but please, ask them to do both the brain and spine and do it with and without contrast.

let us know how you are. Im hoping you feel better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2008, 01:53 PM   #3
(female)

popstarrdiva HB User

Thanks for your response MSNik! I have now had this for about 6 weeks with no treatment except for Gravol all day long everyday. Noticed that I am not needing as much Gravol....still feeling really off and dizzy, but wondering if I could be feeling a bit better or if it is all in my head??? Could I start to feel better out of nowhere with no treatment???
Is that even possible? Please someone help me figure this out... I have googled it, but I am still unsure if this could happen...
Thanks

Old 11-18-2008, 05:12 PM   #4
(female)

maggie ms HB User

Hi Popstardiva
I am new to this site too as of today. So far I definatly see that there are alot of helpful people.
I was just diagnosed with MS and I have a ton of questions myself. I know how you feel!!!
If I where you I think I would find a hospital that has a MRI machine , and go to that emergency and tell them what you are suffering from. They will for sure help you and then that way you dont need to wait forever for the doctors and or an appt for an MRI.
Try and stay positive, I know it is hard but just try.
And yes symptoms can go away on their own without medicine. I was suffering from double vision for 6 wks and in this past wk I am doing better without any kind of medicine. Just alot of rest .
Let me know how you are doing and what you decide.
Take care

Old 11-20-2008, 11:32 AM   #5
(female)

popstarrdiva HB User
Wink Re: Has anyone ever had Vertigo/Tinnitus/Numbness at the same time???

Hi Maggie MS;
Thanks for your response. I really do appreciate it. I have my MRI on Tuesday so I think that I am just going to wait for that. I just found out that my "emergency neurologist" appt is mid Feb which is worse than my MS neurologist in mid Jan. I am seriously thinking about going to the ER as I have been living like this for 6 weeks and can't stay on maximum Gravol for 4 months! I mean I am feeling outraged...
To make things worse, I got this book from the library about MS and alternative medicine. I see a Naturopathic Dr who has me on a lot of Vitamin A, C and E which are known as theoretically risky for people with Ms and corresponds with this "relapse" of vertigo if I do indeed have MS!!!
Glad I picked up that book. I wish you well on your own journey and thanks again for the help...

Old 11-21-2008, 02:41 PM   #6
(female)

popstarrdiva HB User

So, I ended up going to the ER last night and they didn't really do anything for me. They ran some blood tests and then told me to get off cymbalta completely to see if that helps. I don't know what to do as I am on Cymbalta for the pain of RSD so now I am trying to figure out if I tell my Dr I went to emergency or not....Hmmmm...

Old 12-04-2008, 12:32 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

hamfrie HB Userhamfrie HB User

Hi Popstar,
I am still undiagnosed but my main symptoms are numbness, visual problems,Fatigue and Vertigo. What is your numbness like and do you have different levels of numbness? I am still waiting for a diagnosis after 10 years I don't seem to fit the pattern of MS (even though my symptoms are relapsing/remitting and never resolve totally) I don't seem to fit the pattern of any other disease either

L

Closed Thread